Thread: NGD Squier CV70 Stratocaster in vintage white

NGD Squier CV70 Stratocaster in vintage white

sorry, put the guitar away back in the box, have no place to put it right now and I didn't take any pictures yet.

It shipped with the trem decked, is that how Strats are shipped from the factory? There were 3 springs in the back cavity and one extra in the bag with the wrenches and whammy bar. Trem block is a mere suggestion of mass, the springs look like some brass alloy.

My fingers turned black after playing it for about an hour. I plugged into my DAW. The frets are crying out for a polishing, they're about the grittiest of any new guitar I've bought. I adjusted the bass side of the pickups to lower them a bit. Guitar certainly has nice chime and strat tones.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: NGD Squier CV70 Stratocaster in vintage white

Guessing time and shipment from overseas then to you tarnished the strings and maybe frets? |Haven't played a new |Squier lately to compare.
    Interesting that yours came in with the trem decked - again, may be a squier thing, I don;t know for sure, but all the MIM and US ones |I've played in stores are floating. Or it may be that particular model?
    Looking forward to pics, though.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Re: NGD Squier CV70 Stratocaster in vintage white *update* Bummer

my back felt well enough to tackle a setup tonight. Long story short, there was a really back file mark astride the first fret that is unacceptable on a new guitar, any price point. The quality difference between the Chinese of 10 plus years ago and the Indonesian is fairly obvious. The guitars are still a good bargain but not the stellar products of yore.

three of the 6 strings had to be dug out of the trem block. The strings were incredibly funky and notched and kinked. No wonder my fingers turned black. The string tree was pointing out of alignment with the B and E strings. There was a lot of debris in the neck pocket from the drilling of holes. The trem block was barely thick enough to have holes for the strings to pass through.

the deal breaker

I've emailed my sales engineer. I want to try another one if I can get one at a nice light weight like this one.

I've been pretty lucky so far buying online. This is really my first bummer of a new guitar. I suppose the law of averages finally caught up with me.

I fought the law and the law won.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: NGD Squier CV70 Stratocaster in vintage white *update* Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    my back felt well enough to tackle a setup tonight. Long story short, there was a really back file mark astride the first fret that is unacceptable on a new guitar, any price point. The quality difference between the Chinese of 10 plus years ago and the Indonesian is fairly obvious. The guitars are still a good bargain but not the stellar products of yore.

three of the 6 strings had to be dug out of the trem block. The strings were incredibly funky and notched and kinked. No wonder my fingers turned black. The string tree was pointing out of alignment with the B and E strings. There was a lot of debris in the neck pocket from the drilling of holes. The trem block was barely thick enough to have holes for the strings to pass through.

the deal breaker

I've emailed my sales engineer. I want to try another one if I can get one at a nice light weight like this one.

I've been pretty lucky so far buying online. This is really my first bummer of a new guitar. I suppose the law of averages finally caught up with me.

I fought the law and the law won.
    It happened to me. I bought a Gibson SG that came with a bad fretboard. But Gibson’s customer
    service replaced the SG right away.