Thread: Klos Silent Cable

Klos Silent Cable

My 10' Klos Silent Cable has arrived. I only spent a few minutes with it, but am impressed so far. The switching mechanism looks good and the cable is supple. I like being able to hot switch guitars in a studio environment.

I already wish I had ordered more than one!

Re: Klos Silent Cable

I ended up with a 20' cord. if it's too long, I'll just get a 10' but it might actually be ok.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Tuner bypass isn't working?

I've never had a problem with cords pulling out. Especially with a wireless. Back in the pre-wireless days we just ran the guitar cord around the strap button to keep it from being pulled on one end and the amp handle on the other.
    When I changed guitars I hit the bypass. No muss, no fuss.

Wireless systems are so good and so cheap these days there's no reason not to use them. It sure cleans up the stage floor.

How much does this cord cost? It seems like an unnecessary cost for a new potential fail mode onstage. Instrument and mic cords are pretty old-school and outdated.

Seems like only yesterday we had mic cords and instrument cords everywhere, a breakout box and snake to the mixer, etc. Nowadays I have an iPad on my mic stand that controls the PA and the only cord is the network cable for my foot controller. It saves enormous effort setting up and tearing down too.

Times have sure changed - for the better!

Chuck
    Last edited by Offshore Angler; 01-03-2021 at 07:59 AM.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

i'm not wireless in my room, I have to turn down the input of the audio interface when I want to unplug a guitar. If I'm trying to comp takes, that makes it extra difficult to match again.

I agree, cables are old school but sometimes that's the way to go. I will unplug a guitar to avoid it being pulled over if I trip on a cable, which is very possible with my poor eyesight.

I don't gig, so I don't know what I would do then. If I ever do, I'd probably go wireless.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I've got wireless and I really like it for when I'm moving around while playing. But the wi-fi setup has the same drawback as corded when switching instruments: The loud popping, scratching and feedback. If you forget to pot down (or if you can do so via pedal, mute your amp) while changing guitars, you're still subject to that annoying moment of "Oh, ^$##!@."
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!