Thread: Here It Is: The FINAL Sunday Post for 2020

Here It Is: The FINAL Sunday Post for 2020

From the comments in another thread, I gather everyone waits with bated breath for the Sunday thread (well, not really, but I have to hype it a bit, right?), so it is with great pleasure and not a little fanfare that I present: The LAST Sunday post for the most forgettable of years: 2020.

We've made it this far, let's struggle to withstand another few days. My optimistic self says 2021 will be a better year. The blessing of this year has been that I have really upped my guitar playing. I started playing more solo stuff - not just strumming and single string leads, but starting with Duke Ellington's "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" (a fitting song for the circumstances, don't you think?) I began working on some call-and-response type of stuff. I also got deeper into Robert Johnson-style blues and lately have begun incorporating some Peter Green types of licks into my blues playing. Fun!

Family has become even more important to me as a result of not being able to visit with them as frequently as I did. More than ever, I value our time together!

Today, I expect more of the same. Cold weather, but I'll get out of keep my heart pumping for a good 30 minutes anyway. Then, some reading, guitar playing and some TV. Just like every other day!

Have a great Sunday. And

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Here It Is: The FINAL Sunday Post for 2020

Happy New Year and Happy Sunday! Week one of a two week vacation on the books - did precious little but that was exactly what I needed. I am glad 2020 is approaching the rear-view mirror. Lost several family members this year including my wire's daughter and I also lost my best friend. But, I worked through the mess - kept food on the table and a roof over my head, so I'm doing OK.

Peace and kindness to all of you!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Hard to believe it (2020) will finally be over. My guitar playing definitely upped this year as well. With the exception of the last few days thanks to this backache, which is getting better. I did pick up the bass that was in the stand last night, in spite of it being a lard ass Mostly I've been exploring ways to remix previously recorded stuff.

As The Who said optimistically in Tommy " '21 is going to be a good year ". Hopefully the vaccine roll out proceeds well. I would like to see my mom again, I would like to see my friends again. I would really like for my neighbors to GTFO so I can play with amps while they're gone

No real plans for the rest of the year except trying to recuperate. I had originally hoped to get some stuff sorted at the storage unit but that's not going to happen. I'll get a new dump sticker for '21 and do what I can.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It’s been a nice, quiet day with friends and family; a great way to play out the last weekend of 2020. We’re really hoping to put the insanity of this past election year behind us and moving on to peace and harmony in our country with this coming new year.

I hope all had a great day and that the new week brings success in your endeavors.