Thread: The 2020 Merry Christmas thread

The 2020 Merry Christmas thread

My friends, I wish you and your families a Merry Christmas, and I'd like to tell you (again!) that each one of you are important to me, this is more than a guitar forum, it's a family. This goes not only to the active users but also to the ones that don't post for whatever reason, but still keep visiting TFF and reading.

It's been a very rough year, for us all. God bless you all and stay strong. May 2021 bring all the best for us.

Re: The 2020 Merry Christmas thread

BTW my join date here was 12-25-2014!

I had purchased my black strat about two weeks earlier, and I remember that back then I wanted to join this forum but it was about to be shut down for good, and the join requests weren't even reviewed. I emailed (or PMd, I don't remember well) Mike Slubowski and at first he replied that the forum wasn't active and would probably be closed soon. I insisted, because I really admired TFF and hell, I wanted to be a member even if just for a little while, just to be part of its history.

Well, Kenny took the wheel and thanks to a few new members like me, and especially to old members like Kenny, Phantomman (Roger) and many others who never abandoned the ship, here we are!

I'd like to give my own special thanks to Mike and Kenny, as the forum was my 2014 Christmas gift!

Took this picture of Jessica the day I arrived home with it, and it still is kind of a Christmas card to me...

thanks and Merry Christmas to you, too, Sergio
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Merry Christmas - my brother from another country!!!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all. I wish you the peace and love we a need in these times.

My kid's mom and I married when I was 25, and my ex's parents ware German and Norwegian. My kids and I realized that I"ve been celebrating Christmas her family's way a tad longer than I did as I grew up. So we have a big dinner or Christmas Eve and open presents afterwards. We'l have drinks and talk in the coziness of the a room lighted by fairy lights and the Christmas tree lights Maybe play some games. Next morning, a special breakfast, followed late afternoon with another spread. Lots of togetherness and just letting the world do it's thing on the outside. These couple of days with my kids are my favorite thing each year. I live for being with them both, the world quiet and locked outside for a bit. Cozy things ike afternoon coffees and cookies. Warmth, love, and peace.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    My friends, I wish you and your families a Merry Christmas, and I'd like to tell you (again!) that each one of you are important to me, this is more than a guitar forum, it's a family. This goes not only to the active users but also to the ones that don't post for whatever reason, but still keep visiting TFF and reading.

It's been a very rough year, for us all. God bless you all and stay strong. May 2021 bring all the best for us.
    It' been a rough year, but now we have a vaccine bringing hope.

I wish you all a merry Christmas, and a prayer for a prosperous 2021.

To Sergio, specifically, he has made me feel welcome here, more than any one else, besides Ch willie. But it was Phantomman that led me here in the first place.

It's my wish that he has a joyous Christmas, and Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
    It' been a rough year, but now we have a vaccine bringing hope.

I wish you all a merry Christmas, and a prayer for a prosperous 2021.

To Sergio, specifically, he has made me feel welcome here, more than any one else, besides Ch willie. But it was Phantomman that led me here in the first place.

It's my wish that he has a joyous Christmas, and Happy New Year.
    I emailed him this morning. We chatted for a bit. I hope he comes back!

Merry Christmas Gentlemen!

It is truly my honor to call y’all friends.

Be safe, be happy, be well.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Thank you for the thread, Sérgio. And for the Christmas wishes. I offer the same to all the folks I feel I've come to know, especially those who have put up with my tedious posts and for my insistence on keeping a Sunday thread going.

M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S !
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Thank you for starting the thread Sergio, I know we all hope that you too have a very Merry Christmas!

My wife and I just got home from my 101 year old mother’s home where we sat and laughed about life and Christmas stories of years past and had a wonderful family evening. We’re popping open a bottle of Dom Perignon and diving into really super plates of hors dourves. There may be other treats tonight but we’ll just have to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Thank you for the thread, Sérgio. And for the Christmas wishes. I offer the same to all the folks I feel I've come to know, especially those who have put up with my tedious posts and for my insistence on keeping a Sunday thread going.

M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S !

I don't find your posts tedious.

I would further submit that the Sunday thread is important here. It gives us a way to respond to friends without signing up for Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.

Even if I don't reply to a Sunday thread, doesn't mean that I enjoy reading them.

I'm careful in terms of what I share here, just because I'm overly paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
    I don't find your posts tedious. I would further submit that the Sunday thread is important here. It gives us a way to respond to friends without signing up for Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.Even if I don't reply to a Sunday thread, doesn't mean that I enjoy reading them.I'm careful in terms of what I share here, just because I'm overly paranoid.
    I read them all too, and I love them. It's a tradition here and if I don't reply it's because I didn't do anything interesting that particular week.

I just sleep too late or I'd start a Sunday Thread...

Christmas has a special place for me. My eldest daughter was a Christmas baby. Born in Red Bank New Jersey in 1977.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Same here.

what I miss is the UKFF’s thread - that was an ongoing convo that lasted for 14 years!!! It was fun to pop in and listen every once in a while.

I always thought that the Sunday thread should be like that. But as long as someone starts it every Sunday it’s all good! Too much tradition to change it now.

I think the build up to my move and the activity after disrupted my sleep more than I realized. I'm now sleeping in and definitely sleeping better than I had been in probably over a year. For me getting up between 7 and 8 is normal, even if I stay up late. I'm not likely to be up early enough to start a Sunday thread but I really enjoy them.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"