Thread: RIP Leslie West

Re: RIP Leslie West

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    godspeed, Mr West. sad but not completely unexpected. Yesterday his brother said his heart gave out and he was on a ventilator. Leslie didn't have very good health, losing his leg (s?) to diabetes and many other complications.

now I have to get a LP Jr.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

RIP Leslie West who was the great performer of Mississippi Queen but who was so much more. I discovered that only in my early 30s, but I've been a fan ever since. I was listening to Mountain last week. He wasn't just a noodler. He wrote great songs, and his guitar is magic. Great guy. Loved hearing and seeing interviews with him.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I have both the Climbing! and Nantucket Sleighride albums and while I think they were spotty in quality material, the stuff that was good was outstanding! For Yasgur's Farm, Theme For An Imaginary Western, and of course, Mississippi Queen have stood the test of time for me. I also have a rarity (I think), the album Why Dontcha by West, Bruce and Laing. R. I. P.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!