Thread: NBD Sterling by MusicMan Stingray4 2020

NBD Sterling by MusicMan Stingray4 2020

Picked this up last night, let it acclimate overnight

tuned it up and dang if it isn't nearly perfectly intonated. action was nice, I expected to have to tweak truss rod but once there was tension on the neck it smoothed out.

Active controls are cool. Detent at 12:00 on treble and bass. Seriously wide range of tones. Looks to be roundwounds but absolutely no lack for good deep bottom.

Granted, I'm getting way better at getting a tone dialed in on the interface but I wasn't expecting to have it sound this, well, musical. This thing plays chords and double stops like nobody's business and it loves being played with a pick.

I'm a little gobsmacked that this cost about the same as my VM Jazz bass, but with a gig bag too.

It's a little slippery on my lap so I'm probably going to have to wear a strap even when sitting down. I haven't weighed it but I'm pretty sure it's going to be over 9.5 pounds.

It makes me wonder, if this sounds this good, what does a real Stingray4 sound like? LOL, let's play this and not think about that, m'kay?

Oh, and pictures

"Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: NBD Sterling by MusicMan Stingray4 2020

ooh ooh that's beautiful. Now you need a TV yellow Les Paul Jr to match....

I'm on a lefty bass forum too. A lot of the guys have really expensive MM Stingrays, and quite a few sing the praises of Sterlings. Seems the consensus is that the Sterlings are damned good.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I'm on a lefty bass forum too. A lot of the guys have really expensive MM Stingrays, and quite a few sing the praises of Sterlings. Seems the consensus is that the Sterlings are damned good.
    I watched a video last night of a blind comparison between three guitars (cheap, mid and $$$) both the cheap and the $$$ were Sterling by Music Man. And the difference between the three wasn't overly noticeable.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Very nice! Congrats Dan!