Thread: Best Article about Recording McCartney

Best Article about Recording McCartney

I have never seen such a detailed description of Macca's gear and his recording process. This is the most substantial information of this sort I've seen, much more technical and detailed than George Martin's and Geoff Emerick's books, which were aimed at a popular audience. I wish there were more articles like this about our fave performers.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/excl...-mccartney-iii
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Best Article about Recording McCartney

Great article! That’s the kind of thing I really like reading about top musicians- what’s happening “behind the curtain”.

saved in my reading list

Paul's home studio, pretty much what I'd imagine for a billionaire (or close to) former Beatle
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

There's a documentary on YouTube that's got a small part with Macca in it with Dave Grohl and some other folks making an album? A song? I forget which. It's about the recording studio they used to do Nirvanas album. Sound City. I believe that's what the film is called. It's actually really good. Dave Grohl got the console from Sound City and took it to his place and set it all up in his studio and uses it all the time now.

oh, man, love that Tuck and Roll Kustom half stack on that title page. They were really popular amongst the bands that played at our high school dances in the '70s
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

That's a great doc. I've seen it. Yeah, Macca did a song with Grohl. A fun song for a few listens anyway.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison