Thread: Bass player in the Wiz sountrack

Bass player in the Wiz sountrack

I’m sitting here watching the 1978 movie “The Wiz” and found I had forgotten the great bass playing I heard in the soundtrack. All I can find for bass credits is John Beal. Anyone know if that’s correct?

Re: Bass player in the Wiz sountrack

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    I’m sitting here watching the 1978 movie “The Wiz” and found I had forgotten the great bass playing I heard in the soundtrack. All I can find for bass credits is John Beal. Anyone know if that’s correct?
    I did a quick research and couldn't find info on the bass player, but most of the soundtrack was produced by Quincy Jones, I guess that's a start

Jon Beal, Ron Carter, Milt Hinton, Dave Moore, Russ Savakus, Jesse Teiko and Homer Mensch (probably a pseudonym) are all given bass credits on the original soundtrack album.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Jon Beal, Ron Carter, Milt Hinton, Dave Moore, Russ Savakus, Jesse Teiko and Homer Mensch (probably a pseudonym) are all given bass credits on the original soundtrack album.
    The only player who shows up as playing on the Wiz soundtrack based on discography of recordings (from what I’m seeing) is John Beal who I wasn’t really too familiar with.