Thread: cool, just found out that ...

cool, just found out that ...

Just found out that the public library is open to the public again. I think I went one time when we moved downtown, in the 5 short weeks before the world closed down and the library was shuttered.

If I want to be really responsible, I can take the bus there instead of driving. Eh, the bus stop was a total glacier when I looked at it yesterday. Car it is

I don't even know what I am looking for, as long as it is a book I can read to unwind before bed. Something light like, oh I don't know, The Grimoire maybe?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: cool, just found out that ...

I am fortunate that when I moved to my current home, the local branch of the public library is a walk less than ten minutes from me! COVID caused a lot of damage to the browsing and researching ability. They are open again now, too. I did find a couple of apps that I use that use my library card to "check out" digital media (eBooks, videos, etc.). The one I use most of the time is Libby. Another is Hoopla. Neither includes ALL material, but there has been enough to keep me occupied during the lockdowns.

One of the best gifts you can give your child (or grandchild) is a library card!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: cool, just found out that ...

Our public library never stopped doing business, but there was a point you had to wait in the parking lot for someone to bring your selection out to you. Then there was the mask mandate where you had to wear a mask to walk through the doors. Since many have had a COVID vaccination they are now allowing patrons without a mask.

I can only pray that these angry anti-vaxxers will realize that they are putting their loved ones in harm’s way.