Thread: Sterling Stingray 4 with active preamp

Sterling Stingray 4 with active preamp

Guitar Center is having a sale, 150 dollars off from 499 to 349. natural finish maple fingerboard single pickup with active preamp. made in indonesia.

very tempting. I wonder if they have any at my local store I can try?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Sterlin...00000205319.gc
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Sterling Stingray 4 with active preamp

i tried to look up the bass over at talk-bass dot com but their site is being extremely glitchy. it loads up but freezes almost immediately and you can't do anything with it.

What are the differences between these two Sterlings that would make the prices so different?

I mean if they're the same, looks like a hell of a bargain

https://www.guitarcenter.com/product-comparison
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    What are the differences between these two Sterlings that would make the prices so different?

I mean if they're the same, looks like a hell of a bargain

https://www.guitarcenter.com/product-comparison
    There's nothing showing up on the comparison page.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Sorry. There wasn’t much to see. I saw only a difference in the width at the nut.

I only mean to say, you might have a great deal there.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I own one. Great bass for the normal piece. Even better with that discount!

just ordered it, with a gig bag

it'll be my christmas present this year.

Wow, Dan. Congratulations. I hope you'll give us a detailed report about the sound (and o, an audio clip would be sooooo coool). I can't wait to hear what you think. I've looked at those from time to time and wondered about the quality compared to an offshore Fender.

Wow, Dan. Congratulations. I hope you'll give us a detailed report about the sound (and o, an audio clip would be sooooo coool). I can't wait to hear what you think. I've looked at those from time to time and wondered about the quality compared to an offshore Fender.
    Yes, congrats, Dan! I think you will be pleased with the quality - as good or better than any offshore Fender I've ever played (incl. Fender Player, Squier CV and my No. 1, an MIJ PJ). At least on par with a MIM Fender...I've owned a few of those too.

Now, it doesn't sound exactly like a Stingray (I used to own one of those as well) but it's a solid active humbucking bass. Kind of it's own thing. I own the 5-string version but I'm gassing for the 4-string short scale version. Given the price/quality, why not?

Well, dirtdog, get yerself a 4 string. You GOTTA.

I'm just telling you that so that I feel less guilty about recent purchases.

Well, dirtdog, get yerself a 4 string. You GOTTA.

I'm just telling you that so that I feel less guilty about recent purchases.
    I most likely will, willie! There's one sitting a local shop right now. I may have to wander down there over the holidays.

I think I mentioned this elsewhere here but the savings I've realized with Covid working from home - fuel, meals, clothes, parking, etc - I've put into gear. In 2020 alone, I've bought a few different audio interfaces, a bass guitar, an electric guitar, a bunch of microphones, an Ampeg DI pedal, an analog Arturia monosynth, all kinds of stuff for recording videos (new DSLR and lenses, lighting, etc), a whole slew of plugins.

OK, I probably spent more than I saved but I'm not really doing a whole lot either - no motorcycle road trips, sold our lake house last year so no purchases related to that either. Money to burn....LOL...(not really).

I'll join you in your guilt!

I really feel terrible about all I've bought, and yeah, being home during Covid times gives me too much time to obsessively read the mags and forums and look at the retail sites. Well, I cannot buy any more big things for my own financial safety. It is actually a problem I'm getting some help for now.

I really feel terrible about all I've bought, and yeah, being home during Covid times gives me too much time to obsessively read the mags and forums and look at the retail sites. Well, I cannot buy any more big things for my own financial safety. It is actually a problem I'm getting some help for now.
    I'm doing OK financially with these purchases, but I've got some sort of Pavlov response now whenever a truck stops in front of the house now. Package arriving? Pant, pant pant. Nope - for the neighbour.....waaaaaaah!

I slept in today, got up a little while ago. Just as I'm feeding my cat, I get a text message.

"Your order is ready to be picked up at your local GC."

?? Whaaa? They're open?!? But ... but, it's a raging blizzard out there? Who the heck went into work today? Dayum. Did they even go home yesterday?

Well, I hope they don't mind holding it for a while.

Hah, knew it was too good to be true.

I ordered the bass and a gig bag. Guess which was in stock at the local store? Tracking number arrived today for guitar to arrive at store by Monday 21st. Eh, I'll believe that when I see it. But at least I'm not making a trip to the store for just a gig bag today. I want to inspect the guitar there before I take it home and I want the bag there when i do.

Why, thank you, UPS, thank you very much

I had gotten an email this week saying my bass would be delivered on Tuesday instead of Monday. "Here we go" I figured. Each day I'd get another email saying "About that, how about the next day, m'kay??"

Lo, it's been delivered. Going to jump in the shower then wait a couple hours for my fingers to de-prune and go check it out at the store. Fingers crossed that it's a good one.

Re: Why, thank you, UPS, thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I had gotten an email this week saying my bass would be delivered on Tuesday instead of Monday. "Here we go" I figured. Each day I'd get another email saying "About that, how about the next day, m'kay??"

Lo, it's been delivered. Going to jump in the shower then wait a couple hours for my fingers to de-prune and go check it out at the store. Fingers crossed that it's a good one.
    Yes!!!