Thread: Here's the Sunday Thread. It's DECEMBER!

Here's the Sunday Thread. It's DECEMBER!

Less than a month to go before this awful year 2020 exits. I doubt anyone will be sad to see it go. I'm not giving my hope to 2021 starting any better, but hope springs eternal.

This morning I have a photo shoot to do. I've been asked to take photos at the live nativity scene our church puts on. I"m not quite sure of the logistics; the staging area will be indoors but I don't know whether it will stay there, and people will have to bring their kids through, or what. It's pretty cold outdoors this morning, so if it's outside, I suspect not a lot of traffic.

I'm very pleased with the progress I've made on my arrangement of I'll Be Home For Christmas. It won't win me any Emmys or Grammys or Whatevers, but it's becoming a piece I enjoy playing and won't mind playing in public. If that ever happens.

Here's hoping everyone has a fantastic Sunday, whether you've staying under the covers or have a to-do list as long as your arm. Stay well.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Here's the Sunday Thread. It's DECEMBER!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday (and the rest of the week).

This week my wife finally starts her radiation treatments so we are nearing the end of her breast cancer odyssey that started with diagnosis in June, surgery in July, and chemo from August thru November. Along with my prostate cancer last Christmas and the covid issue and election it's been one hell of a year. We're looking forward to 2021 and just getting on with our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post

This week my wife finally starts her radiation treatments so we are nearing the end of her breast cancer odyssey that started with diagnosis in June, surgery in July, and chemo from August thru November. Along with my prostate cancer last Christmas and the covid issue and election it's been one hell of a year. We're looking forward to 2021 and just getting on with our lives.
    Man oh man. Hope all goes well! I have my first followup with hematologist/oncologist this week after being diagnosed with lymphoma in Sept. I should be getting a more accurate read on my staging and hopefully some clearer indications on whatever treatment I might be facing. 2020 has been quite the year!

Aside from tripling down on isolation, Covid ranks a distant 3rd or 4th on my list of concerns. I’m taking it seriously, it just takes up very little mental space right now. I embraced the suck many months ago! Thankfully I have a secure job and can work from home indefinitely. I won a performance/recognition award this past week as part of a team working on pandemic related R&D.

Sunny, bright but frigid today. Sounds like a music playing day!

I spent a rainy/snowy day tearing apart my entire computer rig and reassembling it. Now I have to clean up the area around it because there are a ton of cables just laying around. Then i'll continue to work on the music room, which seems to be in a perpetual state of disarray.

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

There's snow on my car! I still haven't accepted that summer is over!

Relatively calm Sunday for me. I'm taking my time after lunch, will spend the afternoon doing the chores and after dinner I'll drive to my parents' to have a couple of Budweisers with the old man. I'm grateful that my old folks are all right, healthy and well.

My drummer is doing better. He's ok physically, but mentally destroyed. I don't know when we'll play together again. The band isn't on a proper "stand by status" but we're definitely on some kind of break. I prefer to call it a vacation.

Love and prayers to both of you, my friend! And yes, 2020 has been one MF'ing bad year! Literally hell for many of us!

waiting to hear from a doctor or nurse to get clarification about my nasal swab test results. 99% certain I have COVID, been isolating since Tuesday. I have not had any fever with this, in fact I've been running on the cool side of normal where I usually do. The cough I had Monday night has all but abated, I think I cough 2 times last night. Apart from aching, which has also abated, I didn't have much in the way of symptoms until I lost my sense of smell yesterday.

cold and very windy out there. I tried to go for a walk last night but all the streets and sidewalks were lakes and rivers of slush and water. I bravely turned my tail and fled.

Looks like I'll be eating a lot of soup this week. Got one batch of spaghetti sauce left in the freezer. We will probably have to do some drive through take out as well.

take care. this shit sucks. It's not cancer but it's not something to take lightly either. I took precautions and I still got it. I think I rubbed my nose or eyes (both itchy from lower humidity these days) at the wrong time.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Man oh man. Hope all goes well! I have my first followup with hematologist/oncologist this week after being diagnosed with lymphoma in Sept. I should be getting a more accurate read on my staging and hopefully some clearer indications on whatever treatment I might be facing. 2020 has been quite the year!

Aside from tripling down on isolation, Covid ranks a distant 3rd or 4th on my list of concerns. I’m taking it seriously, it just takes up very little mental space right now. I embraced the suck many months ago! Thankfully I have a secure job and can work from home indefinitely. I won a performance/recognition award this past week as part of a team working on pandemic related R&D.

Sunny, bright but frigid today. Sounds like a music playing day!
    I hope all goes well with your oncologist. My wife really lucked out as her cancer was caught at stage 1A. It really pays to stay on top of checkups. I have a good friend, a long-time guitar player and all-around good guy that I have worked with over the years, in chemo right now as he deals with lymphoma.

I hope all goes well with your oncologist. My wife really lucked out as her cancer was caught at stage 1A. It really pays to stay on top of checkups. I have a good friend, a long-time guitar player and all-around good guy that I have worked with over the years, in chemo right now as he deals with lymphoma.
    Thanks Laker. Best wishes to your buddy as well. Fortunately they caught my case early as well - although it seems to have accelerated over the last couple of months.

I was sidelined for about a month this past February with a nasty case of cellulitis in my leg. Not sure how I picked that up but I was part of a team poking around some corners of a former naval base in the UK. Perhaps picked up something novel from there or who knows. Four days after getting back home I was sick as a dog and then the leg went nuclear. I kept pushing the ID docs why this was happening. I lucked out to get one doc on duty who was curious. Sent me for a while battery of tests over the summer at which point the lymphoma was pinned down. CT scan shows almost complete involvement of my lymph nodes. So at least I know!

Best of luck, and we're with you, brother!

Thanks Laker. Best wishes to your buddy as well. Fortunately they caught my case early as well - although it seems to have accelerated over the last couple of months.

I was sidelined for about a month this past February with a nasty case of cellulitis in my leg. Not sure how I picked that up but I was part of a team poking around some corners of a former naval base in the UK. Perhaps picked up something novel from there or who knows. Four days after getting back home I was sick as a dog and then the leg went nuclear. I kept pushing the ID docs why this was happening. I lucked out to get one doc on duty who was curious. Sent me for a while battery of tests over the summer at which point the lymphoma was pinned down. CT scan shows almost complete involvement of my lymph nodes. So at least I know!
    I pray the absolute best for you! The prognosis for my wife was no invasion of the sentinel lymph nodes so we’re hoping the doc’s are on top of this.

Cancer. Been there, done that. Chemo, radiation, surgery, and more chemo.

My prayers to all of you. I have 1 word and 1 letter. Vitamin D.

And a positive attitude.
    Last edited by vinyl; 12-06-2020 at 05:24 PM.

I too, am depressed and saddened to hear the news from all of you. My prayers go out for you. I've been very fortunate so far, and have been extraordinarily healthy to date. I'm reminded of Martin Luther's opinion that if God wants me, he knows where to find me.
    Striving to be ordinary

Guys, you're in my thoughts. I've had you on my mind since this morning, and I send you my best wishes.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Thanks for the the thoughts guys. I appreciate it. I’m not depressed about this at all nor am I scared. Covid has me a bit concerned although I’ve embraced the isolation. WFH is working out fine. I’m my own best company at this time and I’ve got a good support network but it’s great to have an outlet like this forum . Compared to what they were screening me for earlier in the summer (kidney failure), I’ll take the cancer treatment and a 75% five year survival rate over three times a week dialysis for the rest of my life! And I’m fortunate that most of my hobbies can be practiced in isolation (music, motorcycles, bicycles).

TFF Stage Crew

Add me to the list of folks sending positive vibes your way, DD.

Got a call from my doctor this morning and yes, I'm positive for COVID. I started symptoms last Monday and have to isolate for 3 more days after today. I happen to be fortunate that my case is mild. Friday I'm cleared to go back out again.

what sucks is my brother and nephew, neither of whom are sick, are supposed to isolate for 10 more days AFTER my 10th day, because in theory I can still infect them for the next 3 days.

luckily our apartment setup is very convenient for isolating. I have the master bedroom with its own bathroom so they aren't sharing my germs there. I tend to spend my day in my room anyway so it isn't like I'm being deprived the use of the living room to watch TV, because I don't watch TV at all anymore.

Plus if they are stuck here, I'll be able to go get food for them in a few days.

Sorry to hear it, Dan. But it sounds like you're healthy enough for it to just pass through your system. A few days of suck, to be sure. But then, I hope, you'll be up and at 'em again!
    Striving to be ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by pc View Post
    Add me to the list of folks sending positive vibes your way, DD.
    Thanks pc!

How are you today, Dan?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    How are you today, Dan?
    pretty much the same, no coughing, no phlegm, no apparent fever or digestive issues. I'm slightly achey but that may be attributed to lack of activity. i haven't been walking much at all since the snowstorm, the sidewalks here are an absolute disgrace and we have not had any warmup enough to change that. Harbinger of things to come? I hope not. I desperately need more exercise. Two more days of isolation and Friday I can go out again freely.

I actually plan to continue with the dietary regimen I've been on. As soon as I started feeling ill, I stopped eating any cookies or donuts, reducing the inflammation of sugar probably helped a lot. I haven't had a beer since November 30. I'm mildly disappointed that I've only lost 6 pounds but I bet it would have been much more if I had been walking 3-4 miles a day. I'm drinking a lot of water.

My brother and nephew are isolating at a hotel right now, if neither of them tests positive then they can end their isolation 4 days earlier than they would if they had stayed here. So it's been me and my cat just hanging out. Not a whole lot different than usual apart from the lack of walking. I actually want to get out today even though we're supposed to have flurries.

I still have no sense of smell. That I'm not too happy about.

my brother just called. He tested positive. We haven't heard my nephew's results yet.

Take care, brother.

healing vibes sent!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain