Thread: I can't really tell but on the side of being cautious ...

I can't really tell but on the side of being cautious ...

I'm getting tested for COVID on Friday. Last night I started coughing and didn't sleep very well. Today i was tired and lethargic and very achy and a low grade nagging headache. The tiredness and lethargy I can chalk to the poor sleep but the achy was off the charts.

No fever. No phlegm. No loss of taste or smell. No congestion. No diarrhea. Just the cough and aches and headache. The nurse I spoke to said she's seen a lot of people who've tested positive show mild symptoms.

I was supposed to have a dermatologist appointment this Thursday. The earliest slot I could get tested was Friday so I canceled the skin appointment. They take 6 months to get one.

I'm staying home this week, no stores or restaurants. Wednesday is my chiropractor day and I'll be skipping that as well.

The good news is I'll know the results by Saturday. I'm hoping to get my tree out of storage and decorated this weekend.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: I can't really tell but on the side of being cautious ...

Best to be sure. With a couple months until we can get access to a vaccine, it would be stupid to let our guard down now. I had a cold a month ago - I knew it was a cold, but I'd been in seversal in-person meetings and didn't take a chance. I tested negative, but you never know. I lost another friend to COVID on Sunday - it's no joke. Good luck!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

TFF Stage Crew

I was exposed two Thursdays ago. I mostly work from home, but I have to go to the courthouse about five times per month, and that Thursday was the most recent time. Spoke to a coworker, who, unbeknownst to me, left work an hour later to get a COVID test because she lost her sense of smell and taste. She was positive. Three days later I started feeling sick. I always get a weird allergy thing that happens when the weather turns cold and the heat kicks on in the house, so I thought/hoped it was that. Because of the surge, it took three extra days to schedule a COVID test, but, I had it last Friday. Got the results on Sunday—negative. Just a bad freakin' time to have allergies or a cold.

Meanwhile, two other coworkers in my unit did test positive in the last five days, one of whom is 8 months pregnant. Scared for her, definitely.

Slept better last night but I must have gotten up 5 times to whiz like a racehorse. Still achy today, I feel hot but my temp was 97.7 Not coughing as much, I think my attempts at hydration is helping. Still have sense of smell and taste. No other symptoms. Not as tired so I guess the sleep (almost 8.5 hours) helped.

The dermatologist appointment secretary called, she saw that my visit was canceled. "I can get you in Friday afternoon." "Uh, I'm getting tested for COVID Friday morning." "...Oh."

But they had another doctor join their staff and I have an appointment two weeks from Friday. I'll ask the nurses about whether I should consider the onset of the symptoms (overnight Monday) the start of my quarantine if I test positive. I should be good to go by the 15th.

Forum Member
    Originally from Watertown, N.Y. Have lived in the South Shore Massachusetts area, halfway between Boston and Cape Cod for the last 35 years.

My business partner, his girlfriend and her daughter currently have Covid. He said his symptoms started a couple of weeks ago with extreme body aches, trouble sleeping, fever and then a cough. He said they've had trouble breathing and he has hives all over his body. His girlfriend said her lungs hurt. Since our business is composing and recording music for television and he lives about 40 miles from me, we have been working remotely and haven't seen each other since early Spring.

My wife works as an office manage for a large retail company and comes into contact with the public on a daily basis. Her parents are disabled so she goes to their house everyday for a couple of hours so we have been concerned about the possibility of them being exposed to Covid. Out of caution and curiosity, my wife and I were tested last week and the results were negative.

As I have noted elsewhere, I did test positive for Covid. The day after I was tested, being the 5th day of symptoms, I lost my sense of smell. Today, 3 weeks later, I still don't have it back. Both my brother and nephew got it, my brother developing a really bad cough that several times had him considering going to the hospital. He is still coughing but severity and frequency has lessened dramatically *fingers crossed* The nephew is over it except for loss of sense of smell. We're all through with our quarantines.

I believe the body aches I experienced has some root in causing the extremely painful back ache I got from a slip on the ice last week. I didn't fall but it was both feet sliding and I pulled something. Yesterday was probably the worst back pain I've had in 25 years. This isn't my first rodeo so I know how to move to avoid aggravating it. It is feeling better today and I figure another week and by the beginning of the new year I'll be mostly back to regular.

Dan - don't know if you got my message - sent you a PM here?
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
    Dan - don't know if you got my message - sent you a PM here?
    had a nice reply all typed out and bonked into the character limit

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    had a nice reply all typed out and bonked into the character limit
    Ugggg -

you can text if you want instead.......or a good old fashioned voice call if you like
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>