Thread: OMG, we cant wish each other a Happy Thanksgiving?

OMG, we cant wish each other a Happy Thanksgiving?

I want to wish every member a Happy Thanksgiving. Nothing more, nothing less.

Re: OMG, we cant wish each other a Happy Thanksgiving?

Well then.

A happy Thanksgiving to you too sunshine!
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

A Happy Thanksgiving to all. I've been on the run since 5am and had to drive to Memphis to get my son. It's only we two together this year, but we're cooking like it's for a huge clan.

But I wish I had slowed down to say Happy Thanksgiving. I'm grateful for friends and family and my TFF buds. Hope it's been a good one for you all.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Happy Thanksgiving!

Really weird...I wished you a Happy Thanksgiving and it was present for a bit and then disappeared.

happy thanksgiving, everybody. my brother and I hung out, ate pizza, drank coffee, ate cheesecake. Found a Vietnamese restaurant that was open and I had pho for supper. Watched more football. Bob's Burger is on TV at the moment. I actually found myself nodding off a little while ago. It's stopped raining and I'm contemplating going for a walk.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone -- even if you aren't in the USA, I extend those wishes and thanks to you all!

I just got back from a delightful time at my daughter's (NO POLITICS!). And I'm feeling especially grateful. I took my new Gretsch Jim Dandy thinking I might pull it out if things got bogged down. Almost from the beginning, I was inveigled to play, so (and particularly because my granddaughter was begging me) I put on a little "show." I'm glad I had brushed up on some of my repertoire, so I played them "Ain't That Lonely Yet," "Maxwell's Silver Hammer," "Orange Skies," "On Your Way Down," "Melissa" and a few others, including a couple of original instrumentals I've been working on. Not only did I get compliments, but I was asked to bring my guitar back with me when I return for Christmas.

Other than the gig I did for my church last year, this is the only "public" performance I've done. Granted, it was a friendly audience, but it felt good, and everybody seemed to enjoy it. I know I did!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

We don't have a Thanksgiving holiday here, but I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving

TFF Stage Crew

How dare you!
    Lol
    Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving

First time in 10 years we haven’t celebrated US thanks giving (we call it Friendsgiving since Canadian Thanksgiving was last month). Right about now we’d have a house full of people and would be considering with bottle of whisky we’d be cracking open after dinner. Maybe next year. Incidentally, our oven is acting up right now. It would have been awful if I couldn’t have cooked the turkey properly! Hopefully still some good Black Friday deals still in play on Monday.

Hope you’re all having a good one!

the oven malfunction reminds me of the year we had a major snowfall wednesday night before thanksgiving that knocked out our power for 27 hours. Fortunately my sister in law's house had power but we had to do all the cooking there instead of splitting it between the two houses.

last year my brother and my sister in law basically separated, but we still have my mom's house so we had a gathering

this year, well, it was different.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

My son and I cooked as if we were cooking for 20, and we ate as if we were 18 people....Actually, I ate sensibly because when i cook a big meal, no matter how delicious, I lose my appetite. But I ate well and was okay.

The next day's overindulgence in absinthe was probably less of a good idea, and I wound up paying for my efforts at 2am when for only the 4th time in my life, I might have had a little spit up....
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    My son and I cooked as if we were cooking for 20, and we ate as if we were 18 people....Actually, I ate sensibly because when i cook a big meal, no matter how delicious, I lose my appetite. But I ate well and was okay.

The next day's overindulgence in absinthe was probably less of a good idea, and I wound up paying for my efforts at 2am when for only the 4th time in my life, I might have had a little spit up....
    Never fun having an early morning conversation with the porcelain telephone!

I have the same thing happen when I cook (infrequently) a big meal- I think between the combination of smells and “quality assurance” along the way, I never seem to leave enough room for the actual meal. Oh, well, more room for dessert!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Never fun having an early morning conversation with the porcelain telephone!

I have the same thing happen when I cook (infrequently) a big meal- I think between the combination of smells and “quality assurance” along the way, I never seem to leave enough room for the actual meal. Oh, well, more room for dessert!

I think that would be quality control and not quality assurance. :)

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim