Thread: Yessha, looks like we gotta Albertah Clippah coming our way, ayup

Yessha, looks like we gotta Albertah Clippah coming our way, ayup

supposed ta get really chilly in the mawning, ayuh. Lots of blue blobs moving fast on the old radahr. There's going to be wet spots turning to black ice, you betcha. Glad I went to the store tonight while it was still decent.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Yessha, looks like we gotta Albertah Clippah coming our way, ayup

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    supposed ta get really chilly in the mawning, ayuh. Lots of blue blobs moving fast on the old radahr. There's going to be wet spots turning to black ice, you betcha. Glad I went to the store tonight while it was still decent.
    Livin' it right now. Should be your way anytime soon. Had to break out a sweater for God's sake....too early for that!

Here in Wisconsin we just look at it as normal early winter weather and just remember how to drive when roadways freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Here in Wisconsin we just look at it as normal early winter weather and just remember how to drive when roadways freeze.
    As a New Englander I have spent a lifetime driving in snow. It's hilarious how, after the first snowfall, how many idiots have to re-learn how to drive in snow.

This was a few years ago when I still had my Crossfire. We had a surprise snowstorm and by 10 AM we were all sent home from work. I made it about three miles when this happened. Cars all over the road - I just barely made it through a maze of smacked-up cars and came to a rest less than an inch from a Mercedes bumper - right in front of the Connecticut Science Center. It took around three hours to clear all the cars in front of me and 7 hours to make it home.

The phtot was actually on the front page of the Hartford Courant.

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I took driver's ed through my high school my junior year, starting right after christmas break. my first ever lesson was during a snowstorm, in a rear wheel drive 1973 Chevrolet Caprice 4 door sedan. Big boat with a 350 V-8. Traction control? Nah, didn't exist. I did not crash I had several of my lessons in snow.

My friend Ed, on the other hand, took his lessons that summer. He had two speeds, full gas and full brake. Guess who took out a mailbox and a car parked in a driveway during the first snow the following winter? Hint: it wasn't moi

I used to avoid driving the first storm of the season. The next one I would look for an empty parking lot and practice donuts, brake slams, emergency brake pulls, reversing and then slamming the brakes and cutting the wheel, stomping on the gas and then braking. One time I was doing this and as I finished, saw a cop car sitting at the exit. I drove up and rolled down my window.

"What were you doing?"
    "Every year I find an empty lot, practice braking maneuvers, accelerations, get a feel for how my car is handling in snow."

"Huh. Good idea."

"Thanks. Bye."

"Bye."

I drove off and as I looked in my mirror, I saw the cop doing donuts and brake slams
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

I spent a couple of winters outside Omaha before I went into the service. Us kids did all the usual stuff, no matter what the weather. Cruising in snow/ice is easy when everybody knows how to drive!
    I remember driving 30 miles or so to a drive in, only to find it closed due to freezing rain!
    Here where I live, just a sprinkling of snow brings out the idiots!