Thread: Dreaded news

Dreaded news

my sister just texted us to say that our 90 year old mother in the memory care facility has tested positive for Covid-19. We had an email Thursday that an employee had tested positive and that testing was being done on the residents. Her initial test was negative but the follow up test just came back today as confirmed. She has a slight fever but otherwise appears to be holding up.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Dreaded news

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    my sister just texted us to say that our 90 year old mother in the memory care facility has tested positive for Covid-19. We had an email Thursday that an employee had tested positive and that testing was being done on the residents. Her initial test was negative but the follow up test just came back today as confirmed. She has a slight fever but otherwise appears to be holding up.

Prayers for her, my friend. Luckily she'll get by. My wife's grandmother is 94 and is ok now.

Sending good vibes.

I expect to hear similar news for my mom in the same situation.

Not good news, Dan. But fortunately, we know a lot more about the virus and how to treat it, so her odds are greatly improved from what they would have been just months ago. Prayers for her. And you.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

I'm afraid this is a horribly too common story now. My 95 year aunt, suffering from advanced dementia, has just been diagnosed with it. She is in a care facility too. She's not in the best health anyway, and her age--I'm a bit worried about her.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Next week my mother turns 101 years old and she is still on her own, living in her own home. Since the whole Corona thing has started my wife and I really try to limit our contact with her to attempt to keep her safe from the virus. I used to spend every morning having coffee and conversation with her so this situation really sucks.

Laker, I'm really sorry you can't see her because of the Covid. 101 and still living on her own? What a woman. My mother was 85 when she passed away last year, and we were so grateful that she could live on her own and was happy to do so. Your Mom is incredible! I wish my mother were still here; I miss her so much.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

It sounds trite nowadays, but she'll be in my thoughts and prayers. These times really suck. My oldest friend lost his mom last week. She didn't have COVID, but the protocols meant he couldn't visit her. He had to say goodbye via facetime.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    It sounds trite nowadays, but she'll be in my thoughts and prayers. These times really suck. My oldest friend lost his mom last week. She didn't have COVID, but the protocols meant he couldn't visit her. He had to say goodbye via facetime.
    I'm scared of getting Covid and dying but I'm more afraid of having to say goodbye to my kids via Facetime. The horror of that, the sadness, outweighs my worry about the physical toll of the disease.

Sorry to hear that, Dan.
    |Hoping she gets better soon.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Yall are in our thoughts Dan.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Forum Member

Wishing all the Covid sufferers a speedy recovery. Take care.