Thread: The Sunday Thread For 11/8/2020

The Sunday Thread For 11/8/2020

Good morning! I couldn't come up with a catchy subject line. I guess I'm fatigued this morning. I had a long week doing the last full training of the year, and yesterday due to the nice weather, went for a 5K run. I signed up to run a virtual 5K race this month, so I'm at it again (I'd been biking and walking mostly, due to my hip issues). It's supposed to be another nice one today, so I will definitely get out and about. This weather isn't going to last.

Anyone know about (or have) a Kiesel NS1? Also made by Carvin, I believe. My instructor had one and I thought it was the coolest. It's a solid body nylon string electric. The electronics are a Graphtech Hexaphonic pickup with Graphtech preamp, 1/4" piezo output jack, 13 pin Hexaphonic MIDI compatible output, stacked volume controls for piezo acoustic output and Hexaphonic MIDI output, stacked treble/bass, stacked mid cut/boost and sweep. Several nice finishes, too. Currently none on eBay, Reverb or any of the normal suspects.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Sunday Thread For 11/8/2020

Happy Sunday to all! I had plans to finally get my deck floor in this weekend - even bought a nice Dewalt Mitre saw, but q call came in at the last minute and it won't be in until next week - GRRRR. I'm working on cleaning up the man cave and garage today - with focus on the garage since it would be crazy to spend today inside!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Happy Sunday to all! I had plans to finally get my deck floor in this weekend - even bought a nice Dewalt Mitre saw, but q call came in at the last minute and it won't be in until next week - GRRRR. I'm working on cleaning up the man cave and garage today - with focus on the garage since it would be crazy to spend today inside!
    I spent a good portion of yesterday cleaning and getting my master bathroom in order. When you live alone, it becomes apparent at times that certain things are needed. I'm not a "neat freak" by any stretch, but all of a sudden I realized what a mess my bathroom was. Bought some shelving, and some cleaner, and went at it.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

It’s been a busy week so today is going to be a day to relax and enjoy life.

A crew came on Monday and removed ten trees from my front yard (dying as a result of the emerald ash borer) so the place looks totally different...kind of naked. It’s going to take a bit to get used to this, but next spring it will get stranger when I have twelve more trees removed. I’m hoping to meet with a landscape architect to redesign the whole place.

With this balmy November weather the wife and I are taking the Harley out for a day of riding. Enjoy the day!

My son and fiancée have been here all weekend. My daughter and her boyfriend and their two dogs came. Our weather was perfect, and we ate like it was Christmas, played horseshoes, talked and laughed and watched the dogs play in the yard. I haven't been that happy in a while.

I'll have a lot of time today to get things out of my music room (feel a bit pretentious calling it my studio). I'm pretty excited about it, a pleasant chore for sure.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Sunny, warm t-shirt weather today. Weird for this time of year and given that it snowed last week! It’s usually grey, wet and near freezing. So, yesterday I finished up some yard work and then went on a 250km motorcycle ride with a buddy. Was still wearing my “summer” riding gear (lightweight and vented)...was mostly comfortable except for a couple shady low lying areas. That was a bit nippy! Rode the final stretch home into one of the most spectacular sunsets I’ve seen in a while. Plan to do similar today. And then finish tracking my bass parts on an original tune a buddy and I are working on.

We just had an earthquake here in south eastern Massachusetts. My wife and I didn't notice it.

The weather's been awesome for the past two days! I drove the Miata with the top down for the past two days without needing a sweater! It should be another nice day today. We raked yesterday. I'm happy to not have to do that today.

the weather has been crazy nice for November after the snow squalls to start the week. Yesterday I walked over to the potential new house (about a 24 minute walk from here). That would make a walk to downtown a half hour affair instead of a 6 minute route. I'll still go downtown but the days of multiple trips in and out are probably going to be over. Like last night. I went to one place, back to the apartment, fed the cat, played with him and then went out again.

The home inspection is tomorrow, that will determine if and when we close. It could be as soon as 5 weeks or it could be in January hopefully before our lease expires.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

We went to the beach today! The water was cold as heck (I only had my feet in) but people were swimming. What a beautiful weekend.