Thread: Blues Jr with line 6 HX or GTX100 advice

Forum Member

Blues Jr with line 6 HX or GTX100 advice

I have a blues JR IV w/cannabis and I have no issues or complaints with it.

I have been looking at the Line 6 HX stomp. But for the price I am wondering if getting the GTX100 would be a better value?

I am a at home / back porch player. Not for gigging.

I just fear of the GTX tone would be much less then the Blues Jr?

Thoughts and input are greatly appreciated.

Get the Line 6 or go for the GTX?

Thanks for reading.

Re: Blues Jr with line 6 HX or GTX100 advice

What would the HX Stomp or the GTX1000 do for you that the Blues Jr can't, keeping in mind that the HX Stomp and the GTX are completely different things (modelling pedal vs modelling amp)?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    What would the HX Stomp or the GTX1000 do for you that the Blues Jr can't, keeping in mind that the HX Stomp and the GTX are completely different things (modelling pedal vs modelling amp)?
    Thank you for responding.

So I already have the Blues Jr amp.

I started looking at the line 6 modeling pedal to use with the blues jr.

Then I discovered the GTX100 for around the same price as a the line 6 pedal.

"what can they do that the Blues Jr cannot?"
    I am looking for the effects.

So for those choices being so close in price, I question if it would be a better value to buy the gtx and get an entire amp.
    Or will the GTX combo suffer in comparison to the Blues jr and go with the Line 6 modeling pedal.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyp View Post
    Thank you for responding.

So I already have the Blues Jr amp.

I started looking at the line 6 modeling pedal to use with the blues jr.

Then I discovered the GTX100 for around the same price as a the line 6 pedal.

"what can they do that the Blues Jr cannot?"
    I am looking for the effects.

So for those choices being so close in price, I question if it would be a better value to buy the gtx and get an entire amp.
    Or will the GTX combo suffer in comparison to the Blues jr and go with the Line 6 modeling pedal.

Thanks.
    Ah, I get it now. You don’t *need* the HX Stomp, then. You need the HX FX (no amps or cab IRs, just effects). That, along with the Blues Jr, will be a much more flexible setup - and dare say it, better sounding - compared to the GTX alone.

Mind you, the Stomp and the HX FX seem to be the same price these days. And the Stomp comes in a more compact form factor (and has fewer buttons) compared to the HX FX. And there’s more that you can do with the Stomp on its own than you could with the HX FX.

Choices, choices!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Ah, I get it now. You don’t *need* the HX Stomp, then. You need the HX FX (no amps or cab IRs, just effects). That, along with the Blues Jr, will be a much more flexible setup - and dare say it, better sounding - compared to the GTX alone.

Mind you, the Stomp and the HX FX seem to be the same price these days. And the Stomp comes in a more compact form factor (and has fewer buttons) compared to the HX FX. And there’s more that you can do with the Stomp on its own than you could with the HX FX.

Choices, choices!
    Thank you again. I really appreciate your input.