Thread: Need infos on MIJ fender strat 57 reissue

Forum Member

Need infos on MIJ fender strat 57 reissue

Hi Members,.

I had visited a guitar shop at my area and found an olympic white MIJ 57 reissue. It is a "new" lefty guitar. I didn't manage to look at the serial # as i was in a rush to run some errands. I am interested in the guitar and would consider getting it. The price tag is around usd933 including a gig back and new elixir string.

I came back home and try to find some infos and understand that the mij lefty 57 has only a fender logo without the stratocaster word. And most of the 57 reissue( on reverb website) were manufacture between 1996 to 2008.

My questions are:
    1. When is the last lot of production for this MIJ 57 reissue?
    Any production in Japan between year 2015 to 2020?
    2. Are they legit Japan Fender made guitar?

I would apreciate if someone can shed some light on this before i head down to the guitar shop again.

Thanks

Re: Need infos on MIJ fender strat 57 reissue

Welcome to TFF! At the risk of drawing the ire from others, my personal perspective is, "Buy the guitar if it's what you want, and don't worry about the year (or other "perfection")." If you like the way it plays and sounds, and the price is within your means, then by all means, go for it!

I know there are others here who are walking encyclopedias of things Fender, but I'm not one of them.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Need infos on MIJ fender strat 57 reissue

Fender has something called the "Made in Japan Traditional" series - composed of a variety of 50s, 60s and 70s reissues of Strats, Teles and Jags as far as I can tell. The pricing you mentioned above seems to fit with the pricing of these MIJ models - recently manufactured (2018-ish until this year, so far). Yours sounds legit, although I've found no specific mention of a '57 reissues (only "50s") nor an Oly White option (only found black with maple neck in the 50s Strat lineup). They made lefties in this series.

Stands to reason that the one you looked at is likely legit.