Thread: Sergio and The Deadheads

Sergio and The Deadheads

Here's a Grateful Dead tribute guitar you might find interesting:

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/dan...ss-semi-hollow
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sergio and The Deadheads

I like it! And I'm not even a Dead Head! (Notwithstanding the fact that I have a GF ukulele).

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Now Fred, I love Paul McCartney, but I don't have any instrument with his name on it, much less an instrument covered in the band art. It's kind of like kissing a woman and then saying, "I'm not a fan of kissing, but I do it with every woman I can." Ha ha, I am def kidding you, and I think that uke is fun. Andddddd, if I had a guitar with a Beatles finish, I'd be very proud of it.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I seem to recall some sort of ES bodied guitar, don't remember if it was Gibson or not, that was very Dead-esque painted. I really wanted one of them.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post

www.guitarworld.com/news/dangelico-commemorates-50-years-of-the-grateful-deads-american-beauty-with-special-edition-premier-ss-semi-hollow[/QUOTE]

What a joke. I'd love to see any 10 year old pictures of Bob playing a D'Angelico guitar.

Maybe he needs money, so he's endorsed a guitar. It happens.

I live on a limited income these days. I own one electric guitar, (solid body) one acoustic steel string guitar, and one acoustic classical guitar with nylon strings. I'm not a good player, but I find no need for endorsements from anyone despite marketing ploys. I also have a cheap banjo, and an even cheaper mandolin that have endorsements from no one.

Maybe one day I'll own a resonator guitar. In the meantime, I'll keep playing, and not worry about what guitars or other instruments that I own are "acceptable" according to someone's "endorsement".

Willie makes an interesting post, partly because he has to endure needing a left-handed instrument, which is difficult at best, and these days seemingly impossible.

It's a poor workman that blames his tools. Sure, I'd love to own a great classic guitar. I'm lucky enough to own a great classic Fender amp.

Doesn't make me a better player. Just makes me like everyone else. To borrow OS's sig, striving to be ordinary.

Paul McCartney? Over the hill, his voice is shot. I love the Beatles, but their time is over.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post

Pretty cool!