Thread: Too soon :(

Too soon :(

oh no, not again

dang. I got up and the ground was wet but not white. I breathed a sigh of relief "Maybe it won't be so bad after all." My brother had an appointment this morning and we both thought, "Oh, good. no problem"

Not terribly long after he left, I looked outside. "Oh, merde" He's got AWD, so I'm not worried about him. It's the morons out there who bounce around like pinballs in the first snow of the season. I always have tried to avoid being out there on the first day. I've even taken the day off from work before rather than subject myself to that idiocy. Last year I was visiting my mom at the facility and it started to snow just as I was leaving. I haven't seen that many accidents in a single trip in a long time. Now add to this the Covid-inspired imbecility. My word, it's going to be a horror show.

"Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Too soon :(

Yep. Looking at pretty much the same thing out my window - I'm not far from you, I think.
    I've seen snow the second week in October, But I just have visions of the 2-foot storm a few years back where some places didn't get power back for a week or more.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

It's been snowing here in Connecticut all morning. It's actually accumulating.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

We had that storm Monday night/Tuesday, all gone now!

Nice view!

Hovering around 0C here today. But sunny and bright. A bit nippy as we say. We had a light dusting of snow earlier in the week but not enough to write home about. I think I'll put the snow tires on this weekend.

It's sticking here too. My son's drift car is on the trailer for an event in Connecticut tomorrow. It's an odd sight!

You guys in New England, I feel for you. Two long winters and two sadly short summers and I headed back to more Southern climes.

I pay for it during the long summers--though this last one was amazingly mild, an anomaly.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I have to say that living in the mid-Atlantic has its benefits. Four seasons is one of them! :)

We actually have a freeze warning issued for tonight. That's pretty iffy, though. We had a pretty mild, but wet summer. Last winter we had almost no snow. I have a feeling this winter will be more "normal," with two or three (slight) accumulations.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

The low tonight is down in the teens. Brrr. It's going to be a skating rink out there tonight. I bet there will be lots of localized power outages from branches still full of leaves getting covered with heavy wet snow, then it freezes and the wind picks up causing lots of breakage.

We got about 3" of heavy snow. The power went out at about 5pm but there were two service trucks just around the corner at the time so we knew it wouldn't be long.

Fortunately I was wrong about the winds kicking up. It was pretty dead calm when I just walked home from the watering hole. Cold but calm. 21 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    oh no, not again

dang. I got up and the ground was wet but not white. I breathed a sigh of relief "Maybe it won't be so bad after all." My brother had an appointment this morning and we both thought, "Oh, good. no problem"

Not terribly long after he left, I looked outside. "Oh, merde" He's got AWD, so I'm not worried about him. It's the morons out there who bounce around like pinballs in the first snow of the season. I always have tried to avoid being out there on the first day. I've even taken the day off from work before rather than subject myself to that idiocy. Last year I was visiting my mom at the facility and it started to snow just as I was leaving. I haven't seen that many accidents in a single trip in a long time. Now add to this the Covid-inspired imbecility. My word, it's going to be a horror show.

That is one GREAT view out your window.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

It was in the mid-teens when I woke up this morning.
    I got about 4 inches of heavy, wet snow. ||I did shovel it off my driveway and walk yesterday, then it started melting yesterday evening, then overnight it all tightened up. Supposed to warm up this afternoon - we'll see. Not good for any halloween plans, though.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

My deck floor is supposed to be delivered this week. I may have to take a few days off of work to make sure it goes down before this becomes more regular. It is supposed to be back up in the high 60's by the end of next week, so maybe I'll get lucky.