Thread: 2012 AmStd Tele with SD Quarter Pound Set

2012 AmStd Tele with SD Quarter Pound Set

I read mixed reviews about them, the worst saying that they’re harsh, muddy, not Tele tones.
    Pretty Tele sounding to me, not muddy, not ragged, no ice picks.
    I can get smooth clean, sparkling clean, and it sounds great od’d, handles all my pedals well. I read folks saying they’re closer to P90s; to me, they sound like hbs. I’m pleased; they’ve got a voice, and they’ve got plenty of twang.

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: 2012 AmStd Tele with SD Quarter Pound Set

I think I've pretty much bored the poop out of people with my Tele. Buttt...I've had more time to play it with the Duncans, and I like them more every time I play my gitarre.

I thought I'd be giving up twang for warmth and thickness; the twang is better with these than it was with my Nocasters. These are Duncan's hottest Tele pups. When the guitar is overdriven or distorted, it shines brightly--I don't mean the sound is bright; I mean it is substantial and fun to play. I tried it with the OCD / TS808 / Rat, and man does it handle these well. Better sounding than any of my other guitars through the Rat, the Tele is a monster, a slight cut above my Les Paul.

BTW, I've named the Tele "Sarah" because I got it the year I met a Sarah that I've now reconnected with--nah, it ain't going to end with us riding off into the sunset together. She was knocked out that I'd named it for her. lol--I'd write the Layla album for her if Clapton hadn't stolen my ideas when I was 9 yrs old.
    Last edited by ch willie; 10-30-2020 at 07:20 AM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison