Thread: American Performer Telecasters

American Performer Telecasters

Yesterday, my buddy brought his AmPer yesterday, and I played my Tele to a/b. Hands down, his Tele sounded soooo much better than mine.

I think I have Broadcaster pups, but I wouldn't swear to the name. They are supposed to be like the early "Tele" pups. So we played side by side. It was immediately obvious that my pups had no voice compared to his. I played through the DRRI while he played through the Vox. We couldn't believe it so we swapped amps, and still, his Tele sounded better than mine, especially the sc in the bridge.

My pickups were thin and weedy compared to his and yet, his still sounded very much like a Telecaster.

Now, of course, I'm totally dissatisfied with my pups. I don't think my TeleWhat pups are in your Tele--what kind of sound do they give you?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Re: American Performer Telecasters

Just bought a American Performer its sounds very good with my DRRI and my Marshall studio combos.

Re: American Performer Telecasters

Those are fantastic guitars. I've since put some Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounds in my Tele, and now I'm happy. I've got the twang but also a sound that's a bit thicker.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison