Thread: 2020 Squier CV50 Esquire in vintage blonde

2020 Squier CV50 Esquire in vintage blonde

I acquired this a couple, three months back. it came back into rotation this week and got a set up, then yesterday I took the neck off and taped it up. I polished the frets and restrung it. I took pictures under the pickguard and control plate.

Yep, that's an Esquire routing, no Secret Agent tele neck pickup applies here

The control panel had full size pots albeit made in korea by jin sung. The assembly had some heft to it. I don't know the values of the caps in there

neck ready for fret polishing (panorama pic, neck is actually nice and straight :))

The frets feel much better. The neck is still a little grainy feeling under the fingers, though. Probably needs a hundred hours or so to feel nicely broken in. I don't know if it's my imagination but I swear it sounds better. EB strings in the pink package .009-.042s. I thought the stock strings were a little tinny/ping-y sounding.

Very bright guitar, loud and aggressive when picked hard. Got to play with the tone and volume and switch some more. I need to compare the intonation to my CV50 Tele. These guitars are always a compromise but I really like how the Tele works so I want to try to duplicate it. I didn't take the bridge plate off the Esquire because I'd have to undo two of the saddles. I probably won't be getting a picture of the base plate of the pickup unless I decide to change the saddle barrels or install a different pickup.

Ready for action

"Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: 2020 Squier CV50 Esquire in vintage blonde

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I acquired this a couple, three months back. it came back into rotation this week and got a set up, then yesterday I took the neck off and taped it up. I polished the frets and restrung it. I took pictures under the pickguard and control plate.

Yep, that's an Esquire routing, no Secret Agent tele neck pickup applies here

The control panel had full size pots albeit made in korea by jin sung. The assembly had some heft to it. I don't know the values of the caps in there

neck ready for fret polishing (panorama pic, neck is actually nice and straight :))

The frets feel much better. The neck is still a little grainy feeling under the fingers, though. Probably needs a hundred hours or so to feel nicely broken in. I don't know if it's my imagination but I swear it sounds better. EB strings in the pink package .009-.042s. I thought the stock strings were a little tinny/ping-y sounding.

Very bright guitar, loud and aggressive when picked hard. Got to play with the tone and volume and switch some more. I need to compare the intonation to my CV50 Tele. These guitars are always a compromise but I really like how the Tele works so I want to try to duplicate it. I didn't take the bridge plate off the Esquire because I'd have to undo two of the saddles. I probably won't be getting a picture of the base plate of the pickup unless I decide to change the saddle barrels or install a different pickup.

Ready for action

very nice. I’m a sucker for that colour.

me, too.

I believed them when they said it was lightweight pine. I'd hate to see what their idea of heavy weight pine is, LOL. This is right up there with my R0, over 8.6 pounds if the bathroom scale is to be believed. I play sitting down so it doesn't mean anything. My Tele is 8.5 pounds.

I had a blast with a shuffle a la shave and a haircut. I had been at it for almost 2 hours when the cat decided it was time to take a break
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

That's really great, Dan. Enjoyed this post immensely.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison