Thread: New Product: Silent Instrument Cable

New Product: Silent Instrument Cable

I am probably the only KLŌS guitar owner on the site, and those who've read my posts know how much I like that guitar! So, when I got an email from them today announcing their introduction (tomorrow) of a "silent instrument cable," my interest was piqued. I had to shrink the email so I could capture the bulk of it (there was more). I don't know about you, but I sometimes forget to mute either my geet or my amp when I'm doing the plug thing, so if this cable is as good as their guitars, I'm gonna get me one!

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Forum Member

Re: New Product: Silent Instrument Cable

One of our friends sent my wife a (Planet Waves?) cable with a kill button at the plug. Works fine, but I often see that end plugged into her amp!

I actually pledged on the Kickstarter campaign. Call me irresponsible (so many do), but I'm very impressed with the KLŌS product line.
    Striving to be ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I actually pledged on the Kickstarter campaign. Call me irresponsible (so many do), but I'm very impressed with the KLŌS product line.
    I actually should look into this. There are many times when I'd like to put down the guitar but I don't feel comfortable leaving with it plugged in. With my terrible downward eyesight, it is very easy for me to step or catch my food on the guitar cable. I've rushed more than a few overdubs because I wanted to keep playing before turning down the interface and unplugging the guitar. I'd bet many of my sessions would be better balanced if I could basically go a whole night without having to touch the input gain control and try to match what I was doing before. This might be very handy for the home recordist. Which frankly, is what everybody is probably going to evolve to be.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I actually should look into this. There are many times when I'd like to put down the guitar but I don't feel comfortable leaving with it plugged in. With my terrible downward eyesight, it is very easy for me to step or catch my food on the guitar cable. I've rushed more than a few overdubs because I wanted to keep playing before turning down the interface and unplugging the guitar. I'd bet many of my sessions would be better balanced if I could basically go a whole night without having to touch the input gain control and try to match what I was doing before. This might be very handy for the home recordist. Which frankly, is what everybody is probably going to evolve to be.
    I'm not shilling for the company, but if you want to get in on the early price (they've met their goal), you can do so here.
    Striving to be ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    One of our friends sent my wife a (Planet Waves?) cable with a kill button at the plug. Works fine, but I often see that end plugged into her amp!
    I have one of the Planet Waves cables lying around somewhere. It was an OK cable but I never really got very excited about it.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I'm not shilling for the company, but if you want to get in on the early price (they've met their goal), you can do so here.
    I went ahead and got one. I've spent money on worse
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I went ahead and got one. I've spent money on worse
    My thoughts exactly! It's not like I'm taking food out of anyone's mouth.
    Striving to be ordinary

You got me intrigued, so I ordered one, too!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Me too! I could use a silent cable at home.

Heck, at this rate I should become a KLŌS ambassador! (There is such a thing, actually. I've been tempted to apply/register. I've also been tempted to add another guitar of theirs to my collection -- this time an all-carbon fiber model. We'll see).
    Striving to be ordinary

My Klos silent cable arrived! I started a thread about it in this area of the forum.