Thread: Identifying Fender Jaguar

Forum Member

Identifying Fender Jaguar

Hi,
    I've been trying to look up the manufacturing year and country of one beautiful Jaguar that my friend gave me for maintainance. Serial number on the neck plate is V119010 and it gives me the option of U.S. Vintage Series or Japan reissue. Is there any way I can get more precise information about the guitar?

Thanks!

Re: Identifying Fender Jaguar

Using this website: https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-fender_eng.php

I was able to plug in your serial number:

Serial number: V119010
    Production year: 1996 or 1997
    Made by Fuji-gen,Japan
    Production year: 1991 or 2001
    (Vintage series, except ’52 Telecaster, these have a 5 digit number on the bridge plate) (Factory: Corona, USA)

I was thrown a bit at first with the two sets of production years, but now I get it, the guitar was made in 96 or 97 on a model produced between 91-and 01.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Using this website: https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-fender_eng.php

I was able to plug in your serial number:

Serial number: V119010
    Production year: 1996 or 1997
    Made by Fuji-gen,Japan
    Production year: 1991 or 2001
    (Vintage series, except ’52 Telecaster, these have a 5 digit number on the bridge plate) (Factory: Corona, USA)

I was thrown a bit at first with the two sets of production years, but now I get it, the guitar was made in 96 or 97 on a model produced between 91-and 01.
    Ah yes! Thank you for clarifying that. Now it just needs some loving and playing.

Quote Originally Posted by JasJag View Post
    Ah yes! Thank you for clarifying that. Now it just needs some loving and playing.
    I had a 62 RI Tele MIJ from that era. Great guitar and one I wish that one hadn't gotten away.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I had a 62 RI Tele MIJ from that era. Great guitar and one I wish that one hadn't gotten away.
    Let's hope it has a good home at the moment. This Jaguar has seen some rough years touring in some punk band