Thread: Fender Meteora 2019

Forum Member

Fender Meteora 2019

What do y’all think of it? What is your opinion

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Fender Meteora 2019

The one I played was extremely heavy

Welcome to the forum! Have you tried one yourself? What were your impressions? Now I myself am curious about that model.

I like the looks of them, but isn't the 999.00 price a little high for a Mexican guitar with standard pups?

I'm not trying to be a cork sniffer here, just thinking of it in terms of what Fender MIMs go for usually.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Have you tried one yourself? What were your impressions? Now I myself am curious about that model.
    Thanks! I actually am super new (started last year) and have been playing the pacifica the whole time, but I've been getting more into it and really know I want to spend time playing guitar so I got the meteora.

Thing is, I got it and brought is straight to the shop to swap out the humbuckers for Lace Sensor alumitones. I got a sparkly pair and I heard they sound nice so I got em installed. Should be back end of this week. I'll write my impressions up when I get it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I like the looks of them, but isn't the 999.00 price a little high for a Mexican guitar with standard pups?

I'm not trying to be a cork sniffer here, just thinking of it in terms of what Fender MIMs go for usually.
    I had a grand to spare for some work I did so I decided to get a used model for 750 and swap em out for some aftermarket pickups. YMMV if you roll with the stock pickups, though I'm planning to put those in a squier mustang later on.

Quote Originally Posted by cleansocks View Post
    I had a grand to spare for some work I did so I decided to get a used model for 750 and swap em out for some aftermarket pickups. YMMV if you roll with the stock pickups, though I'm planning to put those in a squier mustang later on.
    Great, man. It is a great looking guitar. Did you get a blue one or a red one? I'd love to see pics.

This is a tutorial on how to post pics here:

https://www.thefenderforum.com/forum...-Photos-on-TFF
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Forum Member

Sorry, I took these on my phone. I can probably get them in better resolution on a different site like imgur.

Anyway, it's a light guitar... and it's extremely sexy with the lace alumitones. I don't think i'll be leaving my room today..

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Great, man. It is a great looking guitar. Did you get a blue one or a red one? I'd love to see pics.

This is a tutorial on how to post pics here:

https://www.thefenderforum.com/forum...-Photos-on-TFF

I got the red :3

That's a beautiful guitar. I can understand why you'd pay the price for it. I get it.

Forum Member

Thanks! I appreciate it :) I really wanted to play guitar but I didn't like how thick my last guitar felt , too bulky. The meteora is so slim and polished, it just feels delicious in my hands.

oh , and it plays like a beauty

Well it's an instrument to be proud of!

I'm reviving this old thread because I'm curious how the Meteora has been accepted in the marketplace? No one on the sites I frequent even mentions them! Huh?

I'm not tripping over the furniture in my haste to go out and try/buy one, but that doesn't mean there isn't a demand. Cleansocks indicated he liked it, but he hasn't been back since, so I wonder. Reviews on sites that don't seem to get paid for positive reviews are all over the map. I can't figure out whether this is a winner for Fender or a loser.

Lack of publicity suggests it's a loser, and will ultimately become collectors' items.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!