Thread: Hotrod ML

Forum Member

Hotrod ML

Hi all.

I’m sure that This has been asked a thousand times before, but I have a ML amp and
    anything past 2 on the volume and the rest of the band moan that they feel like my amp is chucking hammers at them.

I’m now aware that volume on Fender Amps is an issue.
    question is, what’s the best way to
    tame it? Attenuator, or will one of those JHS black volume control boxes in the FX loop do the job?
    I do run quite a few pedals through my Fx loop at present. Will this matter?
    Cheers

Re: Hotrod ML

welcome.

don't know if it will make you feel any better but that question hasn't been asked a 1000 times here already. I don't even know what a Hotrod ML is. What volume problem with Fender amps are you referring to? I was under the impression that most if not all of the newer non-reissue of vintage stuff had master volumes on them.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    welcome.

don't know if it will make you feel any better but that question hasn't been asked a 1000 times here already. I don't even know what a Hotrod ML is. What volume problem with Fender amps are you referring to? I was under the impression that most if not all of the newer non-reissue of vintage stuff had master volumes on them.
    It’s the Michael Landau model. No dirt channel. Two volume selections but no master volume. Looking on line quite a few people are saying that Hot Rods are blisteringly loud after 2 on the volume dial-and it’s true!!! They sound beautiful but I get moaned at to turn down. Just wondering if a master volume in the FX loop will be ok given that I run 5 pedals through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Tommo View Post
    It’s the Michael Landau model. No dirt channel. Two volume selections but no master volume. Looking on line quite a few people are saying that Hot Rods are blisteringly loud after 2 on the volume dial-and it’s true!!! They sound beautiful but I get moaned at to turn down. Just wondering if a master volume in the FX loop will be ok given that I run 5 pedals through it.
    at the risk of being too obvious, but what about turning down the volume on your guitar? I run Twin Reverbs well over half way, around 6 or 7, all the time in music stores but I tame the volume with the guitar's volume control.

I forgot to reset the volume back down, some guy came along after me and flipped the standby switch on and there was an explosion of rumble and feedback squeal.

Oops
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    at the risk of being too obvious, but what about turning down the volume on your guitar? I run Twin Reverbs well over half way, around 6 or 7, all the time in music stores but I tame the volume with the guitar's volume control.

I forgot to reset the volume back down, some guy came along after me and flipped the standby switch on and there was an explosion of rumble and feedback squeal.

Oops
    I usually only back the volume off if I want to clean it up a bit. I guess it’s worth experimenting that way. Thanks.