Thread: RIC strap buttons

RIC strap buttons

One of the very few things I kinda dislike about Rickenbackers is that 620s and other recent (70s and on) models come out of the factory with strap lock friendly strap buttons, but without the compatible strap locks, which makes those buttons essentially “slip off friendly” buttons.

Well, go figure. The quality and personality on these guitars do justify a lot of downsides...

Re: RIC strap buttons

haven't seen a Ric in the flesh to notice
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Yes, same with my 330. I went ahead and just bought a set of straplocks and put the originals away in a baggy. I have no idea what strap lock would even fit the original.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Yes, same with my 330. I went ahead and just bought a set of straplocks and put the originals away in a baggy. I have no idea what strap lock would even fit the original.

IIRC Schallers

Now I'm second guessing myself as to whether I actually bought new Schallers for it. I might have used them stock. I got another guitar at the time and might be confusing it all.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

My Ric 330 did not come with straplock friendly buttons - they were more like finger screws. I don't remember the year, but I think it's a mid-90s one.
    I looked into swapping in my preferred Schallers, but at least on the neck-end one, there's no backing behind it, so I used the stock with a couple washers I found in my box o' tricks to keep it on. I've had it 15+ years with no issues there.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

I've got strap locks on all but a few of my guitars that I couldn't put strap locks on. So I bought some of those rubber washers. I almost prefer them to strap locks.