Thread: What's Your Music Plan for the Day?

What's Your Music Plan for the Day?

Sitting in the living room and picking on the couch? Leaning something? Playing with friends or rehearsing? Gigging?

I've had Logic on my computer for weeks, got in an Ultra Wide monitor. But I get anxious with technology (even though I learn it and use it when I need to). So I've been putting off recording a song that I'm very excited about. Today, I'll try to push myself to learn enough about Logic to get the drum beat and one guitar down. Once I do that, I'll be over a great hump, and the rest of it will go down smoothly.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: What's Your Music Plan for the Day?

reformatting my thumb drive as I type. Going to try reloading it with a Genius mix and see if it works in my car player.

I may have made a mistake using the most secure option to do this, it takes 7 passes. It's been 45 minutes and it's not even halfway through Pass 3. Next time I'll just use the fastest option

Oh, well, I figured might as well get it real clean now. I've had this stick for a long time, no idea why I even have one except I think I might have tried to use it for resumes back in the day when I was actively trying to find work. So about 16, 17 years ago.

Last night I was throwing spaghetti at the virtual wall and having a blast. I think the warbling sound I was hearing was either caused or exacerbated by my OD808 pedal in front of the AI. Threw an amp on an aux buss used just a touch of the reverbs that are automatically setup when I start a new project (don't know how or why that happens, was it something I did or just a feature IDK). Had a sound I was really enjoy while I was playing.

I'm going to look into the inserts next and see if I can run the pedal there with better fidelity. Frankly I've been looking at load boxes that will allow me to use my amps directly without mics, and record either silently or real low volume in the room so I can monitor without having to wear phones all the time while tracking. If overdubbing then I can see wearing the phones.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Put a strap on my Li'l Martin (is it wrong to put a Taylor strap on a Martin?) because I didn't want to play sitting down. I must be getting restless.

I spent a wonderful lunch out with friends. I think that's the first time with others than my family since the Covidiocy began. It was wonderful! Aided in large part by the fact the food was terrific!

Most of my early afternoon has been wrestling with the new macOS 10.16 (Big Sur) beta. I'd heard how much different it's going to be, so I wanted a chance to try it myself. So far, I'm not really seeing that much difference, but it's still early...
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

ended up playing guitar for almost 3 hours. My left index is sore from the nail bed separating but it was worth is. I had a moment of inspiration and looked up modes.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"