Thread: Could This Be The Ultimate Travel Guitar?

Could This Be The Ultimate Travel Guitar?

Not yet available, apparently. But when it is, it will run about US$1,700. A French company named Revehō is building "The Slite," a collapsible (20 second assemble time), full-size guitar with built-in preamp, onboard effects, USB-C connectivity, standard jack output, swappable pickups, aluminum core, individual fully adjustable bridges, and more. And it all folds up into a case the size of a laptop bag. Hmmm.

Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: Could This Be The Ultimate Travel Guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Not yet available, apparently. But when it is, it will run about US$1,700. A French company named Revehō is building "The Slite," a collapsible (20 second assemble time), full-size guitar with built-in preamp, onboard effects, USB-C connectivity, standard jack output, swappable pickups, aluminum core, individual fully adjustable bridges, and more. And it all folds up into a case the size of a laptop bag. Hmmm.

Pretty neat. I wonder how it sounds and feels.

Striving to be ordinary

I've always thought the Telecaster is the ultimate travel guitar. Four screws out it fits in your bag, four screws in and it's ready to play.

I check my guitars through though and never had a problem. Much easier. I also check some really expensive fishing rods through and never have a problem. Secret to any of this is to buy the correct travel cases. I've used the molded Fender cases before and they don't hold up very well. They also have serious issues when they get wet. The glue they use to hold in the felt is water soluble. The felt wicks water into the case, softens the glue and then the glue soaks through to your guitar and dries. Not only will you need a crowbar to get the case open, but the guitar will be a fuzzy mess. It will clean off with warm water but it's a PITA.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

The operative phrase in your post, OA is "check my guitar through." I travel a lot and have learned how to pack well enough for a 7-10 trip using only a suitcase (carryon size), a carryon and a laptop bag. I rarely have to wait at the baggage carousel for my luggage. What I like about my KLŌS guitar is that I can disassemble it (four screws, too) and pack it in my suitcase. And, since it's carbon fiber, if I have to check my suitcase, I don't have to worry about ham-fisted baggage handlers. As a reminder, this is my KLŌS next to some full-size guitars for perspective:

Striving to be ordinary

Cool. Yeah, a Tele in a gym bag fits into an overhead nicely except for puddle-jumpers where you need to check it at the ramp, as you would with the Klos. Try it, you'll like it.

As far as the "horrors" of checking baggage - Never seems to happen to me or my friends. We check reels, rods, and gear - and they are an order of magnitude more fragile and expensive than a guitar- and they arrive just fine. The one time I had a guitar not show up at the carousel they found it and delivered it the next morning.

I worry more about USPS and FedEx than baggage, that's why we check them. In today's bar-coded world a lot of the horror stories are from the "before times."

Then again, trusting technology is in my nature, lol!

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

I had forgotten about this thread! Sadly, the Reveho site has gone dark.

Les services sont suspendus pour une durée indéterminée.

Pour toute question, contactez contact@reveho.com
    All services are suspended for an indefinite period of time. please contact contact@reveho.com for any inquiry.
    Striving to be ordinary