Thread: A few of my gibsons

A few of my gibsons

Here are some of my Gibsons:

Top left to bottom right:
    2002 SG Specials, 2014 Les Paul Melody Makers(The one on the left was prepped by Gibson, Nashville for Miranda Lambert's Platinum tour) 2006 SG Classic (modified), 2013 LPJ, 2013 SGJ, 2012 N-225, 2017 Les Paul Tibute.

Re: A few of my gibsons

Always great to see you here, John!

And I really like that moony SG!

What's the story with that N-225, and what pickups does it have?

The N-225 is a variant of the Nighthawk. The ebony model gets a hand pinstripe job over the satin finish from Rick Harris over in Mt. Juliet TN. The body is "chambered" as opposed to semi-hollow, with two diamond cut "F" holes. The hardware is pretty straight forward, Plek cut nut and frets. It has a maple neck and rosewood board(I have no idea if its one piece or forty), nice block inlays and a split diamond on the headstock. The neck pickup is a P-90 and the bridge is a Dirtyfingers, with coil splitting. A very versatile guitar, a bit heavier than my SGs and wants to be worn lower than my Les Pauls.

Nice. I love the N-225.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I like the N-225, too. Good looking, and the specs sound phenomenal. Music Radar didn't know what to make of it:

Yet we can't figure out who this guitar is for. It's too modern for retro-obsessed gear hipsters, too solid for rockabilly freaks, not solid enough for out-and-out metal. The N-225 is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, accomplishing some great tones very well, but without mastering any.
    But I like it. As they wrote,

We know what you're thinking: what the hell is this? Well, 'this' is the Gibson N-225: a mongrel that borrows elements from Gibson classics such as the SG, LP double-cut and ES series.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I like the N-225, too. Good looking, and the specs sound phenomenal. Music Radar didn't know what to make of it:

Definitely one of the most interesting guitars I’ve come across.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post

I use it for smooth jazz mostly, but it is a stellar rock-a-billy guitar. The Dirtyfingers is misnamed, because it cleans up very nicely when you drop the volume knob a little bit.