Thread: Heritage H-535

Heritage H-535

You've already seen this, but I figured I'd add it here where it belongs. I am loving this guitar! It's better than I imagined an ES-335 could be (and I've had quite a few). Playability is great and the Seth Lover pickups are just right. Then neck pickup is warm without being muddy, the bridge pickup is bright yet fat and both together ring like a bell.

I'm sad that I can get out and create some stories jamming on it with my friends! Soon, I hope.

Maybe next week I'll have another "other brand" guitar to tell you about!

Re: Heritage H-535

That is my favorite 535 / 335 color hands down. At this point, I'd go for the Heritage if I could find one like yours in a lefty.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I wasn't big on the natural finish- I've always liked cherry ES-335s. When I ordered, the salesperson picked this one and I decided to go for it- I'm often disappointed when I choose something based on color. It's great- I actually love the color and the subtle figure.

BTW, all but one of my guitars belong in this part of the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I wasn't big on the natural finish- I've always liked cherry ES-335s. When I ordered, the salesperson picked this one and I decided to go for it- I'm often disappointed when I choose something based on color. It's great- I actually love the color and the subtle figure.

BTW, all but one of my guitars belong in this part of the forum!
    For years, I've wanted a 335 like Clapton's, cherry with block inlays.

Over time, I've come to love Gibson natural finish semi- and fully-hollow guitars, and with that finish, I'd prefer dots. I was in a band with a guy who played an ES-175 in natural. What a fantastic guitar that was.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    For years, I've wanted a 335 like Clapton's, cherry with block inlays.

Over time, I've come to love Gibson natural finish semi- and fully-hollow guitars, and with that finish, I'd prefer dots. I was in a band with a guy who played an ES-175 in natural. What a fantastic guitar that was.
    I was always a fan of cherry ES guitars due to Freddie King (my favorite King), but I've always been happy with the plainer, simpler ES-335 rather than an ES-345.