Thread: New Traffic

New Traffic

I think you guys are doing a great job of answering questions by new people who've found us. We can see that most all of them are here to get a question answered and then move along. It's easy to feel a bit like customer service reps.

I'm pretty sure that one of my first posts here was a question about my then new DRRI (2008). But I also introduced myself and let you all know that I was have crazy from the beginning. Maybe we can encourage folks to introduce themselves in the Welcome folder. We might attract some fine members while the one-posters dwindle.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: New Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I think you guys are doing a great job of answering questions by new people who've found us. We can see that most all of them are here to get a question answered and then move along. It's easy to feel a bit like customer service reps.

I'm pretty sure that one of my first posts here was a question about my then new DRRI (2008). But I also introduced myself and let you all know that I was have crazy from the beginning. Maybe we can encourage folks to introduce themselves in the Welcome folder. We might attract some fine members while the one-posters dwindle.
    I try to be welcoming to new posters, and make it a point to make an introductory post whenever I join a new forum. It's not a requirement here, but I think it's good form. Recently, I've seen a number of first posts asking about amps or stuff I have no knowledge about, so I don't butt in.

There will probably always be drive-by posters. Forums serve a multitude of purposes; I stick around because I like this community (and you guys are kind enough to tolerate me). I guess some people have no time for socializing.

By the way, Willie, I tried to reply to your PM, but your inbox is full. Simply put: No worries.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Thanks, Fred.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I thought there was a new album with Steve Winwood et al
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    I thought there was a new album with Steve Winwood et al
    That was my first thought when I saw the title, too!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    That was my first thought when I saw the title, too!
    Ha ha. I didn't think of it until you guys pointed it out.

I wish there were new Blind Faith!