Thread: Heritage H-535

Heritage H-535

It's here! I'm going to wait a couple of hours to open it. It's in the mid 90s here, the case is very warm from the truck and the ac in the house is set cold. Pics to follow.

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Heritage H-535

Ooh nice!! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

Standing in line waiting for the pics!

da da, da da, dada, dumdumdum (my rendering of Jaws)

Waiting for that bad boy to emerge!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Sorry. I've been playing! It's a nice guitar! Very resonant. It plays and sounds great! It's light, too- 7-1/2 pounds.

I took these pics in the dark so they're kinda crappy.

With my Gibson ES-335-

Nice pair!

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Nice pair!
    Not for long- I bought the the H-535 to replace the ES-335.

The ES-335 has a more focused, tighter tone than I want from a semi-hollow guitar. There are aspects of it that I like- it cuts through a band like a knife. It's also very unforgiving. The H-535 sounds a little looser, more acoustic, warmer, it has more sparkle. It's more "3D sounding"- even unplugged.
    The ES-335 feels a little nicer in my hand- it has a slightly deeper and wider neck, but the H-535 is a little nicer to play, overall.
    The ES-335 is prettier (in my opinion)- nicer curves and I like the red and I think the Heritage headstock should be a little shorter, but I'm going for tone.

I came to the realization a few weeks ago that I had a few guitars that didn't quite do it for me for one reason or another. I sold two of them last week and probably replaced the last of them tonight.

I wouldn’t let go of the ES 335 if I didn’t really need to.

But the Heritage is one hell of a beauty

Very nice! I particularly like your in-depth description of the differences between the two. You apparently wanted something specific, and it seems like you got it/them.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Congrats! I love Heritage guitars.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

I love the finish on the H-535. That's exactly the finish I'd want on a 335. And I'm so glad you made the comparison / contrast of the guitars. From the way it sounds, I'd be more interested in 535. If the economy weren't kicking my ass, I might snag one of those. It would be a hard choice for me between it and the 335.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

TFF Stage Crew

Wow! Beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I love the finish on the H-535. That's exactly the finish I'd want on a 335. And I'm so glad you made the comparison / contrast of the guitars. From the way it sounds, I'd be more interested in 535. If the economy weren't kicking my ass, I might snag one of those. It would be a hard choice for me between it and the 335.
    Thanks! It's a more lightly built guitar than the ES-335. The top is about 1/32" thinner. The neck on the ES-335 is thicker and wider (which I like) and has the straightest quarter sawn grain I've ever seen. It weighs over a pound more than the H-535. I think this all leads to a more rigid feeling and sounding guitar.

An added plus- the H-535 cost less than a similar ES-335. The Gibson would hold it's value better, though.

I have this great new guitar and the power's out! That was a hell of a storm (for about an hour).

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I have this great new guitar and the power's out! That was a hell of a storm (for about an hour).
    d'oh !! I just went for a walk downtown (all of 4 minutes away ) and it was incredibly windy. Like almost push off your feet windy. Fortunately no trees to fall on you here. My brother was driving in the town next to us and a tree fell in front of his car forcing him to slam on his brakes.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    d'oh !! I just went for a walk downtown (all of 4 minutes away ) and it was incredibly windy. Like almost push off your feet windy. Fortunately no trees to fall on you here. My brother was driving in the town next to us and a tree fell in front of his car forcing him to slam on his brakes.
    The power is still out. My yard is covered in small branches. I won't be able to work, but I can clean up the yard.

That guitar sure is purdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The power is still out. My yard is covered in small branches. I won't be able to work, but I can clean up the yard.
    The only consolation I can offer is while your electric meter is not spinning, it's not costing you any money. I worked for an electric utility for a long time (38 years) and spent many days traveling to hurricane damaged cities to restore power. Rest assured, my company didn't provide that service free of charge.

Also rest assured your power company is also painfully aware of that fact, and will attempt to remedy the fact that while your meter is not spinning, they ain't making any money. Consequently, they may seek help from neighboring power companies not affected by the storm.

Hurricanes or tropical storms suck. I admit these days I don't know how adversely Covid 19 affects storm restoration. Before OSHA stuck their nose in, I worked many days without a day off. Very little potable water, having to share bathrooms with women, (yeah I'm a bit of prude), but it was well before unisex anything.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but second responders deserve our appreciation too. When the Fire department responds to a house fire, who is the second people they call? The electric company, because they need someone to cut the power off so they don't electrocute themselves while spraying water on "live" electrical connections.

Again, I apologize for stepping on your thread.

I thought maybe while we're grateful for our first responders, we should be grateful for the people who come in immediately after to make our lives better.

Regards,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
    That guitar sure is purdy.

The only consolation I can offer is while your electric meter is not spinning, it's not costing you any money. I worked for an electric utility for a long time (38 years) and spent many days traveling to hurricane damaged cities to restore power. Rest assured, my company didn't provide that service free of charge.

Also rest assured your power company is also painfully aware of that fact, and will attempt to remedy the fact that while your meter is not spinning, they ain't making any money. Consequently, they may seek help from neighboring power companies not affected by the storm.

Hurricanes or tropical storms suck. I admit these days I don't know how adversely Covid 19 affects storm restoration. Before OSHA stuck their nose in, I worked many days without a day off. Very little potable water, having to share bathrooms with women, (yeah I'm a bit of prude), but it was well before unisex anything.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but second responders deserve our appreciation too. When the Fire department responds to a house fire, who is the second people they call? The electric company, because they need someone to cut the power off so they don't electrocute themselves while spraying water on "live" electrical connections.

Again, I apologize for stepping on your thread.

I thought maybe while we're grateful for our first responders, we should be grateful for the people who come in immediately after to make our lives better.

Regards,
    Bill
    I spent more in fuel for my little generator than I would've spent on electricity. . It kept the fridge, freezer, phone chargers and a light on. An elderly neighbor just got home from the hospital yesterday after having a stroke and a medical supply company was there just hours before we lost power. I went over and offered my generator and gas, but she didn't have any medical devices that needed it, and being 90 something years old, was less put out by the power loss than I was!

The power came back on at 4pm (23 hours) and I definitely appreciate the work everyone's doing out there. Also, first responders- they were busy last night, besides the storm itself, using candles and generators is dangerous if done improperly. They had their hands full.

I sold my ES-335 tonight! It dawned on my only Fender and Gibson gear (besides accessories like guitar picks) are my 1966 Vibrolux Reverb and 1959 Gibson ES-225TD!

Dayum.

My only Fender gear are my Princeton Reverb, Princeton Non Reverb and Champ amps. All my bolt neck guitars are either Squiers or partsocasters with Squier necks, or Squier bodies with aftermarket necks.

Depending on whether Sweetwater was able to save the nice dark fretboard CV70 stratocaster (Indian Laurel that looked like dark rosewood) for my order, I may be getting a large headstock CV70 stratocaster in the next few days. After i told my sales engineer 'yes' I looked at my cart and that guitar was 'not available'. I don't like the fret boards of any of the others so I'm waiting to hear if i got the specific guitar I wanted. Otherwise it won't be a NGD.

That H-535 is smokin hot!

In the best of health.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?