Thread: Sunday Thread, Vingt-Six Juli

Sunday Thread, Vingt-Six Juli

Morning, fellow guitar fetishizers.

I've been up since 3am and have been listening to the Alan Parsons Project and Klaatu. Great melodies.

As always, some chores today.

Also starting to record a new song. This will be my first in Logic, so it's going to take me a while to get it right.

Have a great Sunday.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sunday Thread, Vingt-Six Juli

Thanks for starting the Sunday thread, Willie. I purposely avoided doing so today.

I have finally bonded with my short scale Tele. Maybe it's the current weather, but the darn thing wouldn't stay in tune the first few days. Now it's locked in and I'm beginning to really enjoy playing it.

On the other hand, I've come to the realization that I don't enjoy playing my new Martin OMC 15ME and am considering putting it on the block. I don't sell guitars often (if ever!) so I'm not quite sure how I want to approach it. I have a Reverb account, but there's also a local store that might take it on consignment. It's a great guitar, but it just doesn't suit my style of playing. I can't say I wasn't aware of its characteristics because I read the reviews, but I don't find it an all-around player, and I have guitars that are.

I know, first world problems, right? So, today it's church in the morning and finally baseball in the afternoon! Finally - some semblance of normalcy, even if there aren't fans in the stadium!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Good morning all. It's the middle of yet another heat wave, third or fourth this summer, so far. Not much relief in sight, either. I am useless when it gets that hot, and my wife has some thyroid thing that keeps her body from regulating temperature so she's suffering through this.

With all that, we took advantage of the dumpster on site (half-empty from the deck floor removal) to clear out a bunch of junk from the basement. Filled that sucker up. Still trying to decide how to lay the new flooring - trying to figure out a nice way of framing it so I don't have to buy 30'ers. I also have hundreds of screws and nails to pull out. I'm probably going to just take a Sawzall and cut them all off.

One really good thing that has come from COVID - my wife has not been drinking. The last time she had this long a dry spell was after getting out of rehab. I think her daughter dying (from acute alcoholism) really scared her had she's working really hard to stay that way. This last few months could have gone terribly bad being stuck together 24/7, but it's actually been nice.

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

A day of sporadic thunderstorms here on the western shore of Lake Michigan today so no motorcycle time (we don't mind getting wet but it's a PITA to have to clean the bike). I was supposed to have my bad knees fixed, but an event came up where my wife will be starting chemo shortly so I guess things will be on hold for a bit. Life goes on,eh?

Bon matin, les gars! C’est la derniere semaine de la mois de juillet, deux mille vingt!

Yet another hot humid day in store - and a few more next week besides. Just started two weeks staycation leave. My goal is to NOT spend hours on the computer in the basement (typing this on my phone on the patio with my second coffee). Spent yesterday pulling up asphalt in my driveway. Started poking at a chunk that had broken off - and two hours later I had lifted all the asphalt up! Fortunately I had a couple of those sand/gravel garden bags in the garage so I filled those up for the truck to come and take them away! Then did a four hour motorcycle ride into the hills.

So, I’m sore and stiff today. Don’t think I’ll move much farther than the patio today.
    Last edited by dirtdog; 07-26-2020 at 06:43 AM.

@gibsonjunkie - if you have a disc grinder, use that instead of a sawzall. It’ll go way faster. Ask me how I know!

@ch_willie - how’s the new job going?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    @gibsonjunkie - if you have a disc grinder, use that instead of a sawzall. It’ll go way faster. Ask me how I know!
    Thanks amigo!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

@ch_willie how's the finger?
    @Laker good luck with the mrs' chemo
    @gibsonjunkie my only concern about cutting everything off is hitting some of them when you try to put down the new decking.

another broiler of a weekend and even hotter start to the week. I've got an eye doctor appt on wednesday up in the mountains. I love the drive, just wish I had a fully functional car stereo. I've got a bunch of tracks I've recorded that I'd like to listen to (vanity I know) to see how my recording chops are working but I still don't have my tape deck unpacked on account of my nephew being here. It'll be 3 weeks tomorrow and I have no idea if there's going to be an end in sight. I'm not one to complain, I want to help family since I'm being helped too. I did have plans to get some stuff done and time does fly by whether we do something or not.

going to get out before it gets much hotter, then shower and hide out until nightfall. get some guitar playing and recording done.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    @ch_willie - how’s the new job going?
    dirtdog, j'ai décedé à refuser l'offre. C'est pas grave. La vie est toujours belle, et je suis assez heureux. Merci de penser à moi.

Translation: I have a loverly bunch of coconuts.

No mystery, just trying out my rusty French with dirtdog.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    dirtdog, j'ai décedé a refuser l'offre. C'est pas grave. La vie est toujours belle, et je suis assez heureux. Merci de penser à moi.

Bien sur, ch_willie. J’espere que tu as “décidé”, pas “décedé“!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    dirtdog, j'ai décedé à refuser l'offre. C'est pas grave. La vie est toujours belle, et je suis assez heureux. Merci de penser à moi.

"Ou sont les Neigesden d'antan?"