Thread: Hey, It's Sunday July 19. Wake Up!!!

Hey, It's Sunday July 19. Wake Up!!!

It seems late (to me) for there not to be a Sunday thread here. So, here goes.

We're having summer. We went for 21 straight days of 90+ degree days, a single day dip due to cloud cover, and then back. A heat advisory has been issued for today as the index is forecast to reach 107°. That's the mid-Atlantic, USA, folks!

So, I'm staying in, getting to know my new short scale Telecaster, and just avoiding getting toasted.

Best wishes for you all on this, the middle of July Sunday.
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Forum Member

Re: Hey, It's Sunday July 19. Wake Up!!!

Been oot the last week prepping ground for a new swimmin' hole.
    Work til noon then quit.
    Bloody hot.

Hot is the watchword here in CT, too. Yesterday I had my brother, my daughter, her boyfriend and my niece come over to help me pull the rotting floor off my deck. I am working on healing a case of prostatits so I'm on heavy duty antibiotics and couldn't get out in the sun so they did it on their own. I hated not doing it - in fact, I'm used to doing projects like this solo. They really worked there asses off in the hot Sun. I even tried to postpone it until cooler weather, but they jumped in and took it on. Now that frame is exposed I need to figure out how to best re-floor it (patterns,etc).

Before the new deck goes down we're going to half-bury "Fred" under the deck, hoping that someday in the far future, somebody gets to freak out when replacing the next deck...

Today I have to run down and see the guy who's been trying to repair my Roland keyboard. He's put a lot of time into it and hasn't really gotten it fixed. It may be new keyboard time.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Up at 3:00 this morning and the day started off with thunderstorms until 5:15. The humidity is supposed to drop into the 60s with temps in the mid to low 80s so it should prove to be a nice day here. We’re hoping to get out and put some miles on the new Harley after our breakfast get together with friends. I’ve had the bike since mid March and have only managed to get 500 miles on it so far.

Hope all have a great Sunday.

I woke at 4am.

Yesterday, I was cutting a baguette with a serrated knife--and laid open my chording hand index finger. I probably needed a stitch, but I got the bleeding to stop after a while.

So no guitar for me. It'll probably be a week before I'll even try.
    Last edited by ch willie; 07-19-2020 at 06:30 AM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

It's the third Formula 1 race weekend in a row. I'm enjoying it. I'm on furlough this week. I've heard that it might be our last furlough week! I'm taking a week of vacation next month in lieu of furlough and may take it anyway. There are only 5 months left in the year and I haven't taken any vacation time yet.

I think we'll be hiding from the heat today!

Race time!

hot here in the granite state. my nephew is working at the farmer's market today. my brother just brought him a bottle of water. I might do the same in another hour or two. Feel like biscuits and gravy for breakfast, might have to indulge that itch.

other than dealing with a harebrained mess up by the bank (how the hell did they do that? grrrr), it's been a fairly good week. We're getting the nephew added to the lease so we don't get in trouble. What sucks is the room he's using is where we were going to be stacking up stuff from the storage units after we sort it. Now I've got to figure a work around and I'm afraid it's going to involve far smaller and much more frequent runs to the rental units. Which means more gas and wear and tear on my car. And probably dispersal and disposal of a lot more stuff than we planned.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Another scorcher here in the Deep North. And it’s 100% humid, yay! Same forecast (and “aft cast”?) as @OldStrummer. Just had my second coffee on the deck, covered in sweat already and I was sitting still in the shade! I think today will be an inside day. Probably go for a motorcycle ride after dinner into the hills where it’s usually a few degrees cooler. Gonna smoke some ribs this afternoon! Almost won’t even need to fuel the smoker!

@gibsonjunkie - I like your style with the skeleton gag! priceless!

@ch_willie - be careful with those knives, man!

TFF Stage Crew

Another day in the 80s here outside Seattle. I was hoping to spray some lacquer today, but things are starting to get a little busy