Thread: I'm learning more new stuff about Logic Pro X

I'm learning more new stuff about Logic Pro X

last night I read about something called a VCA and looked it up. Then I compared it to an aux channel that I'm used to employing. I found a very informative webpage that quite clearly (IMHO) explained the difference. This stuff is still new to me so I find it exciting. Just one of the major differences between Garageband and Logic. Being able to group audio tracks into sub groups and controlling them with one fader.

Oops, it's on the other computer, I'll post this here and go to the other machine and add the link
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: I'm learning more new stuff about Logic Pro X

"Live and learn and flip the burns"

Dan, Logic is great. I also do video editing in it. It's nice because you have your audio and video tracks right there in front of you and synching things up is a breeze.

Learn the plug-ins and instruments that come with it too. The compressors are really good, as are the mastering tools. You'll discover that most of the plug-ins have myriad presets, so getting what you need is easy. You'll also notice that a lot of TV and radio commercials are using the loops that come standard with Logic.

Don't think of it so much as a recording tool, but as a multi-media workspace and you'll be having lots of fun unleashing its potential.

Best advice I can give, though is if you haven't already, get a good set of reference monitors. You'll be amazed at how much your conventional speakers or headphones color the sound.

Another trick is to record your guitar dry and then re-amp it in Logic. That way you can really dial in the guitar for the track.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

You guys, I wish we'd start a thread about Logic hacks. OA, good info as always--would you get your ass to TN and engineer for me? ha ha
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison