Thread: Sunday July 12th

Sunday July 12th

Well, it’s been one of those nights where I just didn’t seem to need any sleep so here I sit watching an old Judy Canova movie.

This week we’re going to try to fire up our weekly jam session that has been suspended since the virus shutdown. We’ll see how that goes. Have a great Sunday and week!

Re: Sunday July 12th

You too, Laker. Glad you're getting your regular jam on.

Tomorrow is my first day at Gander RV. It's a 50 minute drive both ways, and then I'll have long days--I'm worried about my dog. He can't be trusted alone in the house, so I have to put him in his kennel. I've been pseudo-retired for about 8 months, and he's never had to stay alone over a few hours. He's my baby, so leaving him breaks my heart. I know people do this with their dogs because of work, and it'll have to be.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Happy Sunday! I'm down with a case of Prostatitis so the doc has me on a heavy dose of Cipro. That's wearing me out.

I had my Roland keyboard in for repairs. The guy working on it is really frustrated. It actually is acting up even more than when I brought it in. He's looking for a replacement main board (good luck - it's over 20 years old). I may take advantage of Sweetwater's 3 year - no interest plan and pick up something new. Roland V-Combo VR 09 or Korg Krome EX look decent. Don't need anything as fancy as my XP-50... never used half of it's capacity anyways.

Well, writing this was exhausting. I think I'll go take a nap.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    You too, Laker. Glad you're getting your regular jam on.

Tomorrow is my first day at Gander RV. It's a 50 minute drive both ways, and then I'll have long days--I'm worried about my dog. He can't be trusted alone in the house, so I have to put him in his kennel. I've been pseudo-retired for about 8 months, and he's never had to stay alone over a few hours. He's my baby, so leaving him breaks my heart. I know people do this with their dogs because of work, and it'll have to be.
    Kind of a “saving grace” with dogs is they have no concept of time. You can walk out the door and moments later come back in or, come back hours later; to a dog it all plays the same. I hope your dog will be able to handle the time between bathroom breaks. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Kind of a “saving grace” with dogs is they have no concept of time. You can walk out the door and moments later come back in or, come back hours later; to a dog it all plays the same. I hope your dog will be able to handle the time between bathroom breaks. Good luck!

Thanks, Laker. He'll sleep most of the day anyway, and I'm lining up people to take him out for a wee when I have long days. Ha ha, this is about my own anxiety as much as his. I have grown old, and foolish about my dog and cat. I've become the equivalent of a cat woman.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Good morning! For a change, I didn't first come to the computer to post on TFF this morning!

Today is my granddaughter's seventh birthday. I'm headed over to my daughter's house where we'll go and pick up her new bicycle. I paid for it, and they are supposed to assemble it today. I'm also gifting her my Kala ukulele since the uke I gave her last Christmas is a POC.

Looking forward to spending time with family today! Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Sitting out on the patio having my second coffee and taking advantage of the slight break in heat and humidity that’s been here since the start of the month. Two days this past week it was pushing 98F!!! And not much of a break in sight. Just been trying to stay cool for the most part. Even too hot to go for a motorcycle ride. I damn near passed out on Monday when I pushed it too hard on a mountain bike ride!

Not doing much musically - our last virtual band practice didn’t work out so well - too much latency. I’m back to tinkering around with U-he Repro1 and Repro5 synths in Logic. Even pulled out my “big” 49-key MIDI controller. Was sniffing around a used Korg Minilogue synth on Kijiji this week - but it sold quickly. Oh well, it wasn’t that great of a price ($100 off retail).

Might work on organizing the basement workshop. Got my garage in tip top
    shape, incl. a new retractable air hose reel. Now I’m pro!!!

we closed on the house Monday. While it was bittersweet the length of time it took from the initial contacting the agent, getting the storage rental and months of moving and then months of renovations, the relief of having it over has manifested itself physically already. I actually slept for almost 7 hours the other night. The only downside is my nephew the one who last summer drove his mom crazy and needed to move out did the same thing this year. He showed up at 11:45 Monday night needing a place to stay. He was lucky I was still awake, my brother was already out cold. Not even done celebrating and already the next freaking thing is starting. No rest for the wicked I guess.

The weather has been kind of weird. One day it was only low 80 something but it felt like the sun was baking my skin off my body yet the 90 plus degree days were less noisome. We dodged the bullet on the tropical system stuff this weekend, it appears to have already been heading inland well south of us.

Walking, laundry and finding the paperwork we need to do my mom's taxes on the agenda today. Guitar playing probabilities are very high as well
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Congrats on the closing of your house!

I just finished watching the second F1 race of the year. It was a good race. I'm not sure what I'm doing with the rest of the day. I mowed the lawn yesterday and see that I need to trim some edges and hedges. I also have a cabinet to hang over the toilet. It'd be nice to go for a walk with my wife, but near the ocean- it's too muggy here. Oh, and it'd be nice to take the Miata for a spin.

@Dan - congrats on closing the house. next chapter!

@willie - good luck on your first day in the new job!

@old strummer - have a great day with your grand daughter!

@gj - hope you recover quickly!

Thanks, dirtdog. And I wish you an excellent day!

Thanks, dirtdog. I'm about to head over to my family's home now.