Thread: new gain pedal

Forum Member

new gain pedal

Hola ! Got myself a new 68 Custom DRRI. Its clean sound is amazing ! I just want to play more rock songs at night w/o breaking it up to 6-7 volume. Any good/great pedal for overdrive so i can play these kind of songs ? Based on your experience with Deluxe Reverb.

Last question , it would be perfect ( i dont know if it exists ) to use the same pedal for more gain songs (maybe metal - MIAB kind of pedal) , if not , can you suggest me 1 more pedal for more metal sound? (MIAB Pedal that fits great with Deluxe)

Thank you guys !

Re: new gain pedal

My favorite MIAB pedal is the ProCo Rat. The Catalinbread DLS is good too. The amp doesn't need to be cranked for either of them to work and I think either can do what you're asking.

My favorite general overdrive pedal overall is the King of Tone/Prince of Tone, but it doesn't rock as hard. For me, it's more of a blues, roots rock cranked amp sound.

The Rat came to my mind first too. You can use it as an overdrive or as a balls out distortion pedal.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

When I had my DRRI, I had really good results with the VooDoo Labs Sparkle Drive and the Fulltone OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    When I had my DRRI, I had really good results with the VooDoo Labs Sparkle Drive and the Fulltone OCD.
    I use an OCD and the Rat. I think the distortion is more intense on the Rat, but the OCD does go beyond overdrive and has great sound. Either one would work. They sound great through my DRRI.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison