Thread: Hello everyone! I have question about my guitar.

Forum Member

Hello everyone! I have question about my guitar.

Hello! New forum member here.

I am not sure this is the right place to ask but like the title says, I have question about my guitar.
    Oh, BTW if it's not the right section please let me know and I will delete this post and move it to other section.

I bought this guitar back in 2006 or 2007 not sure and after few years from then I stopped playing and put my guitar away. So I remember nothing about the guitar.
    I ran the serial number and found out that it is 'AMERICAN SELECT STRAT HSS MAH CRIM RED.'
    However, when I searched in google image and see the metal plate of back of the guitar, it says corona california but mine is Stratocaster 50th anniversary 1954 - 2004.
    Any difference between two guitars? or just the plate is different?
    If more information is needed then let me know please.

Also I'm trying to sell this guitar and if I am correct, looks like a price is ranging between $1,300~$1,500?
    Is that the right price or should I aim lower than that?

Thank you for your time and stay healthy everyone!

Re: Hello everyone! I have question about my guitar.

Welcome to the forum! There are some very knowledgeable people here. I'm not one of them! However, I think it's safe to say that yours is very likely the former and not the latter. I say that because I own a 50th Anniversary Stratocaster and to my knowledge, no "anniversary" Strat has ever come equipped with humbucker pickups (and yours is like this one, I suspect).

If yours looks like this one, there is one on Reverb going for $1,350.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Welcome to the forum! There are some very knowledgeable people here. I'm not one of them! However, I think it's safe to say that yours is very likely the former and not the latter. I say that because I own a 50th Anniversary Stratocaster and to my knowledge, no "anniversary" Strat has ever come equipped with humbucker pickups (and yours is like this one, I suspect).

If yours looks like this one, there is one on Reverb going for $1,350.

Hey! Thank you very much for your reply.
    Yes, that one looks exactly like my guitar. I took a picture of the back metal plate but I don't see any 'add attachment' button haha

My guess is the neck plate was changed. As to 'why' is up to presumption.

I love the body color and the black plastic.

I saw a Telecaster the same color and appointments. It's my favorite finish, and Fender never offers them in lefty.

The finish looks great on that Strat too. To me, it seems to make Fenders look more "serious"--I don't know how to explain it better. It's as regal looking as a translucent finished Les Paul.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    My guess is the neck plate was changed. As to 'why' is up to presumption.
    Yeah. When I tried searching in google image mine doesn't come out when I type in 50th Anniversary and if I remember correctly, I bought this guitar at guitar center.
    This is the one but in mine different shape of neck plate.