Thread: Quick Review: Strymon El Capistan Delay, Strymon Lex Rotary

Quick Review: Strymon El Capistan Delay, Strymon Lex Rotary

No superlatives, no hyperbole:

Glad I bought these pedals. They're right for what I'm writing now.

El Capistan--warm and robust delay, can sting too. I'm using it along with the Digitech Digital Delay. The Digitech is a good little pedal and does quite different things. It's nice to have the best of both worlds. Fun to run them both at once.

Lex Rotary--I've wanted a good rotary pedal for years, and I finally splashed down on this. It does what I want it to do, gets me very close to the real thing. Clappy, George, and Gilmour. It has an in for an expression pedal--it's going to be fun when I run the pedal in stereo.

I've done the best I could with my pedal board, hidden power and patch cables where I could. DON"T LAUGH!

If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Quick Review: Strymon El Capistan Delay, Strymon Lex Rotary

Looks awesome! Very cool.

Thanks!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    No superlatives, no hyperbole:

Glad I bought these pedals. They're right for what I'm writing now.

El Capistan--warm and robust delay, can sting too. I'm using it along with the Digitech Digital Delay. The Digitech is a good little pedal and does quite different things. It's nice to have the best of both worlds. Fun to run them both at once.

Lex Rotary--I've wanted a good rotary pedal for years, and I finally splashed down on this. It does what I want it to do, gets me very close to the real thing. Clappy, George, and Gilmour. It has an in for an expression pedal--it's going to be fun when I run the pedal in stereo.

I've done the best I could with my pedal board, hidden power and patch cables where I could. DON"T LAUGH!

Did those Strymon pedals work well in front of the amp without an affects loop? I just bought a low powered tweed twin and all the delays I’ve been using with the amp cranked sound like crap. :/

Quote Originally Posted by RBrown View Post
    Did those Strymon pedals work well in front of the amp without an affects loop? I just bought a low powered tweed twin and all the delays I’ve been using with the amp cranked sound like crap. :/
    I don't have an fx loop with any of my amps, and the Strymon sounds fantastic, and it's the same with the Boss and Digitech delays I've added. No problems with sound or tone.
    -

TFF Stage Crew

I just got my Strymon Lex today. I didn't even think of doing a forum search on the product, d'oh
    I took the pedal out of the packaging, grabbed a screwdriver to open the chassis & install a 9v battery, & WHAT THE HECK
    Now I'm looking for a power supply on Amazon.
    How are you getting juice to your Lex, ch willie?

Cogs, mine came with a power source. It’s a lot less noisy with it than with the power DC Brick.

CH Willie: If you've posted a photo of your pedal board in this thread, I'm not seeing it
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

TFF Stage Crew

I'm not sure, but I think that the original post w/the photo was made before the forum underwent an update, & the image was lost somehow in translation to the current version.

Forum Member

All Strymon pedals come with power supplies, so anyone buying one that doesnt, needs to go back to point of purchase.
    I have a Lex on my board, been on there since I had it. Sounds fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think that the original post w/the photo was made before the forum underwent an update, & the image was lost somehow in translation to the current version.
    Thanks, I didn't realize the original post was from a couple of years ago.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top