Thread: Sunday Fathers's Day celebration

Sunday Fathers's Day celebration

Happy Father's Day! Going to the trout camp today to meet my step-son, his family, my daughter and grandson and my newly discovered brother and his family. It's a large area with lots of picnic tables so we can visit while social distancing. My stepson who has access to it says they were catching tons of smallmouth bass there last week. Hopefully he left a few for us!

On a fun note, I was on a conference call the other night with (among others) the Chief Justice of the Connecticut Supreme court last week and he had to ask - "Is that a Double Cut Les Paul hanging on your wall?" That was as good as the Commissioner of Education saying I had the best background of any conference all he'd ever been on...

(The pic shows the regular view, not the wide angle so you can't see the DC in this phtot.

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Sunday Fathers's Day celebration

Very cool.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

My brother in law wants to shoot a little over at his place, probably cookout later.
    I hear our daughter is coming in from her place over the mountain. Seems she found a "friend" in T or C, and has been spending a lot of time there, maybe we'll meet him today. (And find out if he shoots as well as my daughter!)

GJ - "Oh, do you play guitar? Or are you calling from a music store?" That is a great background.

I've been reviewing previous recordings this past week. Not as much playing as I had been but I'm doing the review during the day instead of late at night. Trying to get over the puritanical guilt of indulging in guitar stuff during the day when I should be 'working' I guess, even though I'm not doing anything else.

At the least I'm not watching TV like a root bound plant so I got that going for me. In fact, I've watched less TV in the last 3 months than I ever did since the '80s when I lived for years without a TV. Now the internet and streaming shows, that's a different story. If I could figure out a way to get the same internet service I get now and zero money on cable TV, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Yesterday was my mom's 89th birthday and we got a surprise video call from the aide as they were giving my mom a cake. We still can't go see her yet. They're trying to set it up so you can make an appointment to have an outdoor visit. I can't see that happening with any degree of success given it's summer and pretty soon it will be too hot pretty much any time of day but we'll see.

Happy Father's Day to the dads out there. Mine has been gone since 2006 but not forgotten. He would have been 91 this year
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father’s Day!

it’s funny the number of people that I’ve learned that are guitar nuts through the magic of video conferences!

You’ve got a killer backdrop there!

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    GJ - "Oh, do you play guitar? Or are you calling from a music store?" That is a great background.
    My standard reply is the wife threw me out and I'm living temporarily at Guitar Center.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain