Thread: The Sunday Thread for Fathers Day, 2020 (June 21)

The Sunday Thread for Fathers Day, 2020 (June 21)

Good morning/afternoon/evening. Not only is it Fathers Day, but it's also my wedding anniversary. Or would be if my wife were still alive. I will be going to my daughter's house today, ukulele in hand, hoping to give my granddaughter her first lesson ("Here's how to tune the instrument to itself"). A couple of easy chords and songs, maybe.

This is about the only occasion I have to get out these days. Oh sure, I go to the grocery store, and I get my exercise every day, but "social distancing" is the norm for me. I'm looking forward to time with family.

I hope everyone who celebrates Fathers Day has a good one, and I hope you have a great Sunday in any regard!

Re: The Sunday Thread for Fathers Day, 2020 (June 21)

She's a quiet day here on the lakeshore of Lake Michigan in Wisconsin. Yesterday it was raining so hard it sounded like a cow peein' on a flat rock, but today the sun shines and it's a tad humid. We did our usual Sunday morning breakfast run with friends and then listened to some cassettes of bands I had back in the '70s and '80s. It is interesting to listen to how different I play now that I'm a bit older and slower. It was a fun day for all!

Super hot up here this weekend...mid 90s with a bit of humidity. Slow movin all weekend. Got out for a mountain bike ride this am, took the motorcycles to the car wash this aft and currently have some beers chillin’ for some grillin’ later. Daughter made me a meringue that’ll be loaded up with strawberries and whipped cream for after dinner. Pretty good Sunday/Fathers Day.

It's 90 and humid here. I think that's about 10 degrees higher than normal. We've mostly stayed inside all day. We ordered a Father's Day brunch from a local restaurant. So much food! Then I watched the finally of the Supercross championship. It's been a nice Father's Day!