Thread: Rick-O-Sound--1st time in 42 Years of Owning a Ric

Rick-O-Sound--1st time in 42 Years of Owning a Ric

Until the last two years, I'd never had but one bass amp at a time, so there was no reason for me to think of using the Rick-O-Sound.

I bought the proper cable and ran a line to two amps. It's pretty amazing--bridge pup goes to one amp, neck pup to another.

Yesterday, I played through two Fender Rumbles--a 350 and a 40 wt. Even keeping in mind the wattage, these amps when played at equal volume sound exactly alike.

So today, I'm going to try it with the Ampeg V4B and the Rumble 350. The differences in the amplifiers ought to make this an interesting setup.

Hard to believe I bought my Ric in 1978, and yesterday was the first time I'd ever used the Rick-O-Sound. I've never seen anyone using it. I've not even watched youtube videos. So this was a fun, first-time experience.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Rick-O-Sound--1st time in 42 Years of Owning a Ric

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Until the last two years, I'd never had but one bass amp at a time, so there was no reason for me to think of using the Rick-O-Sound.

I bought the proper cable and ran a line to two amps. It's pretty amazing--bridge pup goes to one amp, neck pup to another.

Yesterday, I played through two Fender Rumbles--a 350 and a 40 wt. Even keeping in mind the wattage, these amps when played at equal volume sound exactly alike.

So today, I'm going to try it with the Ampeg V4B and the Rumble 350. The differences in the amplifiers ought to make this an interesting setup.

Hard to believe I bought my Ric in 1978, and yesterday was the first time I'd ever used the Rick-O-Sound. I've never seen anyone using it. I've not even watched youtube videos. So this was a fun, first-time experience.
    Don't forget to swap amps back and forth - start with the V4 on neck output and Fender on bridge - then switch, see if one has a better response.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Re: Rick-O-Sound--1st time in 42 Years of Owning a Ric

Quote Originally Posted by jrgtr42 View Post
    Don't forget to swap amps back and forth - start with the V4 on neck output and Fender on bridge - then switch, see if one has a better response.
    As logical as that is, I hadn’t thought of it. Great idea.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison