Thread: sidekick reverb 25 combo amp used as cabinet head?

sidekick reverb 25 combo amp used as cabinet head?

I was wondering if I could use my fender sidekick reverb 25 combo amp as a head for DT-412 speaker cabinet? Both are 8ohms impedance. My sidekick reverb 25 has a nice tone but its not loud enough for gigs. It has headphones jack, pre-amp output and main-amp input. The DT-412 speaker cabinet has 2 parallel inputs.

Re: sidekick reverb 25 combo amp used as cabinet head?

It shouldn't hurt anything, but will it make enough of a volume difference to make lugging around a 4x12 cab worthwhile?

Ok so, the cabinet will only output the same db's as the little amp would? if that's the case, then no, it's definitely not worth lugging around.

Forum Member

If you like the tone of the little amp, another power amp into the 4-12 would give you more volume.
    Pre out>power amp>speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by JapaneseCheesecake View Post
    Ok so, the cabinet will only output the same db's as the little amp would? if that's the case, then no, it's definitely not worth lugging around.
    It'll be louder, but not 100 pound of 4x12 cabinet louder (unless you're really strong). 6db louder, theoretically. That's if the efficiency is the same for all of the speakers involved. If the speakrs in the 4x12 cab are more efficient than the speaker in the amp, it could be a lot louder.