Thread: The Sunday Thread for June 14

The Sunday Thread for June 14

In one more week it will be Father's Day. Although I haven't mentioned it to my daughter, I'm hoping they'll have me over for a cookout or something. I went for my grandson's first birthday a couple of weeks ago, but the imprisonment imposed by COVID-19 has prevented us from having our weekly get together. It's the one thing I miss from all this.

Church this morning is going to have a "parking lot communion." We'll be able to park in social distanced parking spaces and share communion with packaged (and one assumes) germ-free communion wafers and juice. It's a step forward to the re-opening, but still a long way to go.

Weather here is delightful, so I plan on getting in some outdoor exercise. And I'm getting very familiar with my Little Martin all this while, too!

Have a great Sunday, everybody!

Re: The Sunday Thread for June 14

Beautiful days. Hot but low humidity. This is heaven in the South and won't last long. 95% humidity will be here soon. I'm just going to enjoy this as much as possible.

Yesterday, I dug trenches, laid down stone and filled my shrub beds with mulch. It's done, and I'm proud of my work.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I'm on furlough this week. I'm expecting a vanity for the bathroom to arrive tomorrow so I'll be busy for at least a day or two. They weather is beautiful here, so I'l make sure to get the Miata out!

Just about to whip out my tool belt and power saws and build some “skirts” for my cedar deck. The lower part of the deck has been exposed since building the deck about 5 years ago. Now that we’ve reclaimed some of the garden for seating/patio, that exposed underside is UGLY! Doing some framed cedar lattice that I can remove easily (to access the storage capacity under the deck). Working out how I’m going to suspend the lattice frames using French cleat system - without making the whole thing look gangly.

Beautiful day in store today. Warm, sunny not humid. It’ll be hot and humid later this week so want to get this work done today.

Tomorrow my band is testing out “virtual band practice”. Drummer and guitarist at the guitarists rehearsal spot. I’m “dialling in”. We’ve got the platform and bugs worked out. Some crazy routing going to to get my vox into the PA and my bass into my amp in the rehearsal spot. Hopefully we can keep the latency under control. Our tests so far show promise. And anything we record, I can re-record my bass part if necessary.

it's been gorgeous here, maybe even a little on the cool side but it's still early June. This would have been bike week and the sad thing is the weather is probably one of the better weeks for it I've ever seen and it has been cancelled. You wouldn't know it from the looks of main street. I may have screed about the behavior of some members of the bike community here and elsewhere. I don't think I was the only one and there has actually been an abatement in the juvenile revving. It still happens but not as pervasively as it was.

I waited for a lot of stuff to come in this week. I ordered a neck rest cawl and a bench mat. I had been using a towel and frankly it was too damn slippery. I've got a lot of necks to polish frets on and I don't want to be wrestling with them. Eventually I'll get around to Kenny's tip on the Gibson bridge saddles.

I've got my work cut out for me. The house sale is due to close in just under 3 weeks, fingers crossed. My work there is essentially done and it's time to work on my stuff in the apartment. Today I hope to tackle the lighting setup in my room so I have multiple lamps on a single switch. Then I want to set up my effects lighting for mood setting. After that is done, I can begin filling the bookcases and drawers with stuff that's still in boxes. Then *gasp*, I'll unpack my amps. Ohhh, those neighbors are going to rue being so noisy and rude. Muahahahahaha.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

We met our friends for our usual Sunday morning breakfast and ended up dining outside on the patio of the club. It has been a beautiful day with breakfast followed by some time cruising on the new Harley. Ya gotta love early summer here behind the cheddar curtain in Wisconsin.