Thread: Deluxe's Reverb and Vox's Reverb

Deluxe's Reverb and Vox's Reverb

I'm in the honeymoon period with my AC30. It sounds as good as my Deluxe, and although I plug into the Deluxe from time to time, I favor the Vox at the moment.

But its reverb compared to that of Fender's, specifically my Deluxe, doesn't hold up.

It's not a bad reverb. If I didn't have a Fender, I wouldn't be dissatisfied. In comparison, however, the Deluxe's reverb is deeper and richer.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Deluxe's Reverb and Vox's Reverb

Yep, nothing like a Fender reverb. I used to own a DRRI. Dreamy.

I have a 60s Gibson Falcon RVT. It’s got a very nice reverb, but not as dreamy as the Fender!

Fenders pretty much rule in the reverb realm

Part of the reason why I passed on those four holers back in the day, and those blackface bass man amps. No reverb. D'oh. If only I knew that if you played loud enough you don't need no steenkin reverb.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I haven't used reverb in years. One of my fav tube amps has the reverb tank removed, sounds a lot better without it.

Reverb is nice for surfy stuff, but I find delay many times more effective, especially using a tap tempo. Even better, a delay can be in stereo to fill a small room.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim