Thread: Drastic Inury--I'll Never Be the Same (Because "The Same" is my brother's name)

Drastic Inury--I'll Never Be the Same (Because "The Same" is my brother's name)

I sliced a 3mm place on my fretting index finger, almost so small as to be non-existent.

But it hurts like hell. Every time I scroll the mouse, it lifts a little tag of skin.

Playing guitar hurts. It's been two days and it still hurts.

I mean, it's not like I stabbed myself with an ice pick.

If it had been a 5mm cut, I might have slipped into a non-reversible coma.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Drastic Inury--I'll Never Be the Same (Because "The Same" is my brother's name)

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I sliced a 3mm place on my fretting index finger, almost so small as to be non-existent.

But it hurts like hell. Every time I scroll the mouse, it lifts a little tag of skin.

I can relate. See that little mark on my index finger in the pic with the rocks? That's where the piece of glass went in and severed my nerve and tendon. The rest of the pics were after TWO surgeries to repair the damage. Sometimes I wonder if I would have been better off NOT getting the surgery.

Edit: whoops, the spoiler tags don't work - sorry for grossing anyone out.

[SPOILER] [/SPOILER]

Re: Drastic Inury--I'll Never Be the Same (Because "The Same" is my brother's name)

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post

I like the liquid bandage. It hurts like hell putting it on, but for just a few seconds. it won't stand up to playing guitar (ask how I know...) but it stays put for most other every day activities. Depending on the cut, you may need to reapply once or twice - it doesn't hurt as much after the first.
    Or you can be like Stevie Ray Vaughn, who glued a callus back down with superglue in the middle of a gig.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.