Thread: NGD. x2!

NGD. x2!

This is what the madness of the coronavirus imprisonment brings. The only guitar I ever needed was my first one. Every one since then has been because I wanted it. So, madness-induced COVID-GAS results in...

It's a "Little Martin," the smallest of their product line, and a new entry into the stack, the LX1RE. It has onboard electronics, and now has a rosette and pickguard like its bigger siblings. It's roughly the same size as my KLŌS, but the latter, being virtually indestructible, and packs away nicely, doesn't have the electronics.

#2 is a new Ibanez AQ95GA. It's basically the same size as my ES-225, but has two humbuckers, an ebony fingerboard and killer looks. And oh, it plays like a dream!

Last edited by OldStrummer; 05-30-2020 at 04:14 AM.

Re: NGD. x2!

Those are nice, OS. I wondered about those Little Martins, especially when I traveled in Europe for weeks at a time with no guitar. Do give us a report when you've had time to play it for a while.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    Those are nice, OS. I wondered about those Little Martins, especially when I traveled in Europe for weeks at a time with no guitar. Do give us a report when you've had time to play it for a while.

It's not fair to review it this early, as I'm letting it acclimate a bit, as I tend to do with new guitars. But I'll say this: It has a surprisingly full sound for its size. I don't think anyone is going to mistake it for a dreadnought or concert/auditorium but for home use (my use), it sounds nice. The neck seems a little slower than my KLŌS, but it's new, and let me get some finger oil into it, first. I haven't plugged it in yet, but the reviews I've read say this is where the Little Martin really shines. As soon as I get an acoustic-capable amp, I'll find out! Oh, and I didn't know I was getting a gig bag with it, so that was an unexpected bonus!

On the other hand, I'm already in love with the Ibby! It's not heavy, has terrific action, and I have it now sitting in my living room where the Gibson recently sat. I guess I'll have to loosen the strings to remove the padding from under the bridge...

Forum Member

Beautiful my friend.

Happy NGD!

That Ibanez is gorgeous, enjoy playing them, I know I sure would.

Outstanding.

TFF Stage Crew

Nice guitars!

OS You guitar whore! NICE score!

is that Ibby fully hollow?
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

The Ibanez looks sharp. Fred, what do you think of it compared to your Gibson hollow and semi-hollow?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison