Thread: Almost There. But Dithering...

Almost There. But Dithering...

I've got checks coming in -- paycheck, tax refund, mortgage refinance reimbursement. And it's burning a hole in my pocket because, well, GAS.

You all have put up with my curiosities in the past, so I hope you'll bear with me again.

There are two guitars that have caught my eye. It would be more than foolish to buy them both (at least at the same time ), but I'm pretty close to ordering one. Which one, however, I haven't decided.

The first: a PRS SE 245. Selling points: a solid-body, short scale (24.5"), two humbuckers, from a premium guitar maker.

Down side: The tobacco sunburst images online are all over the place. Some are just awful. The McCarty 594 has a slightly longer scale (24.594" vs. 24.5"), but I don't think I want to pay what they're asking sight unseen and without hands on.

The other guitar is an Ibanez AG95QA hollow body. Selling points: ebony fingerboard, 24.5" scale, Super 58 pickups.

Down side: I already have a Gibson ES-225 and ES-335. There's really nothing new here, except the ebony fingerboard.

I also put a Fender Player Duo Sonic on my watchlist. It's a short scale, it's a Fender. But I have Fenders. Nine of them, to be exact.

If it was your money, your choice, what would you choose?

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Re: Almost There. But Dithering...

With what you laid out, I’d go for the McCarty. There are definitely online sellers that will trial periods.
    Mark

I've had 2 PRS SE guitars- a brand new Soapbar II and a use Bernie Marsden signature. They were both made in Korea and both very nice guitars. Don't tell anyone, but the Bernie Marsden might've sounded a little better than the Les Paul that I replaced it with. It was similar to the 245, but with binding.

I’ve got the SE Singlecut with the book matched top and binding. It’s very pretty!